Specification Sales Manager -Southern California
We currently have an opening for a Specification Manager, within our Cree LED Lighting Group. This position will be based in Southern California, preferably in Los Angeles.
The primary focus of this position is to be an External Salesperson of Cree Lighting to strategic customers in the Vertical markets (as well as the design community) and to drive revenue growth, forecasting and development of, and an on-going evolution of, an overall sales plan. The position will require close collaboration with members of the Cree Lighting sales team, marketing, product development, and customer service, while maintaining a relationship with management and engineering personnel, applications personnel, production and manufacturing staff.
What can Cree do for you?
- Allow you to have a huge impact on the future growth of Cree, especially on the West Coast
- Able to join a fast growth company, that is “just getting started” in the Lighting Market
- Ability to make your own decisions and given the freedom to make your own decisions, with no red tape
What can you do for Cree?
- Drive the message of “Why Cree?” to end users & design professionals
- Drive revenue in partnership with both the internal and external sales teams at Cree
- Prepare product forecasts based on input from assigned and prospect customers
- Responsible for inputting and routinely updating sales progress in Salesforce.com
- Publically present the benefits of LED and supporting technologies
- Understand dynamics of key customers in your assigned market and adjust sales plan and approach accordingly
- Collaborate with key internal support agencies (quotes department, Application Engineering, etc) to ensure superior customer service and response time for aligned customers
What you need for success:
- Proven Record of Revenue success within the specification community and sales channel
- Outside Sales experience, working with end users and the specification community
- 5-7 years of experience in the Lighting Industry
- College degree or equivalent industry work experience required
- Ability to travel, up to 75% of the time to meet with customers and end clients
- Computer skills - Outlook, Excel, Internet Research, and PowerPoint
Highly preferred skills and certifications:
- NCQLP Certification
- MBA a plus
- 7+ years of experience in the Lighting Industry
Please note that as driving is an essential function of your position, you will be required to authorize the company to obtain a MVR at hire and at least annually thereafter as a condition of your employment. You must remain a driver in good standing with an acceptable driving history at all times in accordance with our Fleet Usage and Driver Safety policy.
Since our beginning 30 years ago, we have introduced innovative and disruptive solutions that enable a more efficient, productive and safer world. We continue our leadership in developing market-leading lighting-class LEDs, lighting products and semiconductor products for power and radio frequency (RF) applications. We believe in unlocking the power and potential of technology, enabling the world to do more with less. We aim to transform the way people experience light and are also leading the innovation of Power/RF products that move us toward a more energy efficient future.
Be part of our future and have a direct impact while working for an organization that provides a place to work alongside brilliant people, a competitive total rewards package, and a problem solving culture. We invite you to submit an application if you feel we would be a good fit.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of Cree's Employees
Process Engineer, Wolfspeed
Nathan ensures that Cree and its customers are set up for success by implementing efficient processes that allow new features and issue resolutions to be created quickly.
Back to top