Specification Sales Manager - Chicago, IL
We currently have an opening for a Specification Manager, within our Cree LED Lighting Group. This position will be based on in the Midwest, preferably in Chicago, IL.
The primary focus of this position is to be an External Salesperson of Cree Lighting to strategic customers in the Vertical markets (as well as the design community) and to drive revenue growth, forecasting and development of, and an on-going evolution of, an overall sales plan. The position will require close collaboration with members of the Cree Lighting sales team, marketing, product development, and customer service, while maintaining a relationship with management and engineering personnel, applications personnel, production and manufacturing staff.
What can Cree do for you?
- Allow you to have a huge impact on the future growth of Cree, especially on the West Coast
- Able to join a fast growth company, that is “just getting started” in the Lighting Market
- Ability to make your own decisions and given the freedom to make your own decisions, with no red tape
What can you do for Cree?
- Drive the message of “Why Cree?” to end users & design professionals
- Drive revenue in partnership with both the internal and external sales teams at Cree
- Prepare product forecasts based on input from assigned and prospect customers
- Responsible for inputting and routinely updating sales progress in Salesforce.com
- Publically present the benefits of LED and supporting technologies
- Understand dynamics of key customers in your assigned market and adjust sales plan and approach accordingly
- Collaborate with key internal support agencies (quotes department, Application Engineering, etc) to ensure superior customer service and response time for aligned customers
What you need for success:
- Proven Record of Revenue success within the specification community and sales channel
- Outside Sales experience, working with end users and the specification community
- 5-7 years of experience in the Lighting Industry
- College degree or equivalent industry work experience required
- Ability to travel, up to 75% of the time to meet with customers and end clients
- Computer skills - Outlook, Excel, Internet Research, and PowerPoint
Highly preferred skills and certifications:
- NCQLP Certification
- MBA a plus
- 7+ years of experience in the Lighting Industry
Please note that as driving is an essential function of your position, you will be required to authorize the company to obtain a MVR at hire and at least annually thereafter as a condition of your employment. You must remain a driver in good standing with an acceptable driving history at all times in accordance with our Fleet Usage and Driver Safety policy.
At Cree, we’re always on. We believe that meaningful change happens through sheer force of will and the determination of a team solving a problem, and we’re unafraid to kick down the door to make it happen. That’s how we inspired the LED revolution and continue to create brilliantly affordable, radically simple, uncompromisingly efficient solutions that transform the way we experience light. From inventing America’s best-selling light bulb to commercializing the brightest lighting-class LEDs, our vision isn’t just to cultivate a thriving business – it’s to better the world. And we don’t take no for an answer.
Be part of what’s next. Join our growing multi-billion dollar start-up, named a 2014 MIT Technology Review “50 Smartest Company,” to revolutionize energy efficiency and transform the way we experience light.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of Cree's Employees
Director of Advanced Technology
John leads a team of diverse engineers creating the next generation of LED lighting products. His focus is intelligent lighting systems and innovative advancements for current technologies.
Back to top