Cree is seeking a Sourcing Manager to conduct supplier price negotiations and secure supply of raw materials and consumables in a highly competitive global market. This person will work closely with Operations, Engineering, R&D, Finance, Legal, and other Supply Chain professionals to achieve Cree goals.
What can Cree do for you?
- Opportunity to be a key strategic contributor from the ground up
- Invaluable experience with an innovation leader, poised for success
- Potential for upward mobility in a thriving organization
- High visibility in $1+ billion company
What can you do for Cree?
- Provide strategic sourcing leadership
- Participate in the development and implementation of strategic sourcing strategies
- Manage the commercial relationship with suppliers
What you need for success:
- B.S. Degree in an Engineering or Supply Chain related fields
- 7-10 years experience negotiating critical material supply and service agreements
- Proven track record of consistently delivering supply base price reductions through dynamic negotiation techniques
- Experience leading global sourcing initiatives
- Demonstrated experience in the application of procurement processes and contract management
- Demonstrated experience with ERP systems with emphasis on procurement, MRP, payables, receiving and inventory modules
- Skilled in the art of problem solving, issue resolution and change management in dealing with suppliers and internal stakeholders
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, effective presentation and facilitation skills
Highly preferred skills and certifications:
- Manufacturing, Quality and/or Process Engineering experience
- MBA or certification as a supply chain professional
- Experience working in a high volume and high technology industry
- Experience working with international suppliers
- In-depth understanding of planning processes including MRP, forecasting, establishing min/max reorder points, inventory optimization, and other related processes
- Working knowledge of Oracle ERP
At Cree, we’re always on. We believe that meaningful change happens through sheer force of will and the determination of a team solving a problem, and we’re unafraid to kick down the door to make it happen. That’s how we inspired the LED revolution and continue to create brilliantly affordable, radically simple, uncompromisingly efficient solutions that transform the way we experience light. From inventing America’s best-selling light bulb to commercializing the brightest lighting-class LEDs, our vision isn’t just to cultivate a thriving business – it’s to better the world. And we don’t take no for an answer. Be part of what’s next. Join our growing multi-billion dollar start-up, named a 2014 MIT Technology Review “50 Smartest Company,” to revolutionize energy efficiency and transform the way we experience light. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of Cree's Employees
Manager, Sustaining Engineering
Katrina pushes lighting technology forward by managing the engineers who assemble the inner workings of the Cree LED Bulb. She also looks at data to brainstorm ways to make the brightest LED components possible.
Back to top