Responsibilities include designing and programming PC-based and PLC-based control systems and developing monitoring and maintenance systems using Visual Studio .NET and SQL. The engineer will be required to implement these systems in the plant and provide required support as needed. This includes multiple functions relating to the development and integration of software systems to improve tool performance and efficiency and to collect data from and monitor plant floor manufacturing processes. This will require the engineer to analyze a situation, develop a design specification that addresses the requirements, design and implement the solution, and document the design for ongoing support. The candidate will be required to coordinate the installation and startup of systems or system upgrades.
Shift: 1st Shift, Non-Manufacturing
- Designing coding and troubleshooting of plant automation and data collection systems.
- Design, program and install new electrical control systems and/or upgrade existing systems using the latest technology available.
- Providing technical support in maintenance of existing control systems.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or equivalent technical degree.
- Experience with PCs, PLCs, I/O, sensors and process controls
- Candidate must be a US Citizen or Permanent Resident
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD (AutoCAD Electrical preferred)
- Knowledge of the semiconductor industry
- Good communications skills
- Experience leading and participating in a cross-functional support team environment, sharing knowledge and experiences with other team members in support of team responsibilities
- Ability to interact with customers from a broad range of computer, control, and mechanical component experience and skill levels in a friendly, open-minded manner
- 1 – 3 years experience with PCs, PLCs, I/O, sensors and process controls
Since our beginning 30 years ago, we have introduced innovative and disruptive solutions that enable a more efficient, productive and safer world. We continue our leadership in developing market-leading lighting-class LEDs, lighting products and semiconductor products for power and radio frequency (RF) applications. We believe in unlocking the power and potential of technology, enabling the world to do more with less. We aim to transform the way people experience light and are also leading the innovation of Power/RF products that move us toward a more energy efficient future.
Be part of our future and have a direct impact while working for an organization that provides a place to work alongside brilliant people, a competitive total rewards package, and a problem solving culture. We invite you to submit an application if you feel we would be a good fit.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of Cree's Employees
Process Engineer, Wolfspeed
Nathan ensures that Cree and its customers are set up for success by implementing efficient processes that allow new features and issue resolutions to be created quickly.
Back to top