Shift Process Engineer
The Power & RF team is looking for a Shift Process Engineer to provide Process Engineering support and work a 12-hour day or night shift schedule. Areas of responsibility will include, but not be limited to, Photolithography, Etch, Metal deposition, Diffusion, Wet Processing, Implantation and backend processing
What can Cree do for you? (Why does this candidate want the job)
In this position, you will have the opportunity to develop Power and RF semiconductor components for a wide range of applications, where we are expanding our operations due to the high demand for our diverse product lines. You will work with a team of engineers, and technicians to maintain high quality standards in a continuous improvement environment where there is opportunity for growth and advancement.
What can you do for Cree?
- On shop floor support for the technicians and operations staff
- Oversee process qualification activities (right task, right time, right results)
- Pareto and response to quality metrics; SPC, rework, scrap, etc
- Support line management activities (holds, disposition, escalations, etc)
- Drive continuous improvement projects as necessary
- Support engineering process characterization activities including: risk analysis, Gage R&R, FEMA’s, and control plans.
- 4-year Engineering Degree from an accredited college.
- Candidate must be a US citizen or Green Card holder.
- Able to work in clean room for extended period.
- Must be able to work 8-10 hour shifts in a fast paced environment on a day or night schedule.
- Strong Microsoft Office computer skills (Word, Excel, Access, Outlook).
- Team Player and able to multi task in several areas.
- Must have a positive, professional, energetic, can-do attitude. “Do whatever it takes” work ethic.
- Prior Manufacturing experience in semiconductor manufacturing industry with a preference towards Manufacturing excellence.
- Demonstrated ability to implement improved manufacturing processes
- Demonstrated ability to resolve OOS and OOC conditions on product and or tools utilizing current specified OCAP’s or generating tested new ones
- Familiarity with precision volume manufacturing processes; preferability in the semiconductor industry
- Proficient in reading and understanding technical documents.
Since our beginning 30 years ago, we have introduced innovative and disruptive solutions that enable a more efficient, productive and safer world. We continue our leadership in developing market-leading lighting-class LEDs, lighting products and semiconductor products for power and radio frequency (RF) applications. We believe in unlocking the power and potential of technology, enabling the world to do more with less. We aim to transform the way people experience light and are also leading the innovation of Power/RF products that move us toward a more energy efficient future.
Be part of our future and have a direct impact while working for an organization that provides a place to work alongside brilliant people, a competitive total rewards package, and a problem solving culture. We invite you to submit an application if you feel we would be a good fit.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Back to top