Senior Test Engineer
Senior Test Engineer:
Day to day responsibility includes monitoring and maintaining Test equipment, documentation, and calibration certification for equipment. Responding to and coordinating with international and domestic manufacturing facility for immediate troubleshooting and manufacturing needs. Not afraid to get down to the tool and debug the problem yourself. Project Management for not only your own projects, but for others on your team and assist other groups with their projects. If a piece of hardware or software does not exist, find or create that software to solve the problem.
- Very Strong understanding of electrical principles of LEDs and electronics
- Very strong software programming & database background
- Time & Group Project Management Skills
- Ability to travel internationally as needed for job
- High-Energy Hands-On Team Leader. Lead by example is your philosophy
Minimum Must Have Personality:
- Must do well in fast paced semiconductor environments
- High-energy Hands-on Doer
- Excellent Time Management Skills
- Travel requirement
- Able to travel around 3mo/yr in Asia
Minimum Requirement Skills:
- Programming background (5+ yrs) – intermediate
- Any Language experience for 5 years designing software independently or for engineering specific use shows that they will be able to adapt to what Cree needs
- Statistical mathematics/data analysis in software (SAS, JMP, MATLAB …)
- 70% of the day minimum is data analysis.
- Prototyping experience. Can take a concept from design to functional product.
- Strong understanding of electrical principles. Minimum Bachelors in EE, preferred Masters/PHD
- Experience in Engineering Manufacturing Environment
- Master’s in Electrical Engineering or equivalent. Preference in Master’s with Thesis over Project based Master.
- Shows hands on independent Research skill set
- Strong understanding in optics and optics principles
- Direct experience in Visual Basic .NET (5+ yrs)
- Direct experience in C/C++ (3+ yrs)
- Direct experience in JMP (1+ yrs)
Since our beginning 30 years ago, we have introduced innovative and disruptive solutions that enable a more efficient, productive and safer world. We continue our leadership in developing market-leading lighting-class LEDs, lighting products and semiconductor products for power and radio frequency (RF) applications. We believe in unlocking the power and potential of technology, enabling the world to do more with less. We aim to transform the way people experience light and are also leading the innovation of Power/RF products that move us toward a more energy efficient future.
Be part of our future and have a direct impact while working for an organization that provides a place to work alongside brilliant people, a competitive total rewards package, and a problem solving culture. We invite you to submit an application if you feel we would be a good fit.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of Cree's Employees
Director of Advanced Technology
John leads a team of diverse engineers creating the next generation of LED lighting products. His focus is intelligent lighting systems and innovative advancements for current technologies.
Back to top