Senior Tax Analyst
We currently have an opening for a SENIOR TAX ACCOUNTING AND COMPLIANCE ANALYST within our TAX DEPARTMENT. This position will be located at our headquarters facility in Raleigh/Durham, NC.
Summary: This senior tax accounting and compliance analyst role will support Cree’s tax director and tax managers to ensure domestic and state compliance as well as global regulatory requirements are met. This includes, but is not limited to, preparation of the global quarterly and annual tax provisions under ASC 740, management of Cree’s domestic tax compliance, assistance with FIN 48 and SOX compliance documentation and updates, assistance in the management of IRS audit and related examinations, monitoring and analysis of fixed asset tax depreciation, merger & acquisition support, and tax research. This role is expected to advance as Cree’s tax profile gains complexity.
- Prepare global quarterly and annual tax provision in accordance with ASC 740 using ONESOURCE Tax Provision, including FIN 48 analysis and support
- Provide assistance to outside service provider preparing the U.S. federal consolidated and state tax returns including internal preparation of information required to support R&D tax credits, Section 199 deduction, Sch. M calculations, and all required disclosures
- Prepare U.S. federal and state estimated tax payments
- Assist in updating and ensuring compliance with SOX 404 internal controls and testing
- Assist in IRS and related tax examinations including responsibility for communications, preparation of responses to information document requests, and related inquiries
- Responsible for income tax accounting related to fixed assets including depreciation reconciliation of book cost to tax cost, tracking fixed assets to identify impairment costs, and calculating book/tax differences related to fixed assets
- Perform technical research and strategic planning in association with merger & acquisition activities as needed
- Explain tax technical concepts to management and internal/external auditors
- ASC 740 direct experience
- Minimum of 2 years in Public Accounting or Industry in area of Corporate and Multistate income tax
- CPA certification
- Displays Cree’s Core Values
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Desire to learn and grow within the organization
- Self-motivated with drive and initiative
- Organized with the ability to work many projects and tasks simultaneously
- Detail-oriented with a focus on completing a work product requiring minimal changes
- Comfortable compiling, analyzing, and organizing large volumes of data
- Experience using ONESOURCE Tax Provision or other similar software
At Cree, we’re always on. We believe that meaningful change happens through sheer force of will and the determination of a team solving a problem, and we’re unafraid to kick down the door to make it happen. That’s how we inspired the LED revolution and continue to create brilliantly affordable, radically simple, uncompromisingly efficient solutions that transform the way we experience light. From inventing America’s best-selling light bulb to commercializing the brightest lighting-class LEDs, our vision isn’t just to cultivate a thriving business – it’s to better the world. And we don’t take no for an answer.
Be part of what’s next. Join our growing multi-billion dollar start-up, named a 2014 MIT Technology Review “50 Smartest Company,” to revolutionize energy efficiency and transform the way we experience light.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of Cree's Employees
Manager, Sustaining Engineering
Katrina pushes lighting technology forward by managing the engineers who assemble the inner workings of the Cree LED Bulb. She also looks at data to brainstorm ways to make the brightest LED components possible.
Back to top