Senior Sales Leader - Lamps
The primary purpose of the Cree Lighting Senior Sales Manager is to develop relationships with channel partners, distributors and vertical market customers in both the Retail and Commercial/Industrial markets that will result in sales growth of Cree Lamp Products.
Successful job execution requires excellence/participation in the total go-to-market process: from product/marketing material development to the creation, and execution of business plans, establishment/achievement of sales targets.
This position will be responsible for driving revenue through new business development, business planning and customer/end user development, but will also require close collaboration with, marketing, product development, and customer service. This position will also meet and exceed sales and profit targets throughout the continuous development, motivation, training, and management of Account Managers.
What can Cree do for you?
- Opportunity to be a key strategic contributor from the ground up
- Invaluable experience with an innovation leader, poised for success
- Great potential for upward mobility in a thriving organization
- Chance to showcase your acquired knowledge
- High visibility in one of Cree’s most strategic sales channels
What can you do for Cree?
- Achievement of Cree Lamp sales and profit targets
- Develop annual business plans for each target/ account supported with hard revenue targets
- Track and communicate competitive factors, trends, issues and opportunities
- Collect/develop and analyze sales reports (POS) and market feedbacks from internal sources, data and customer POS in order to identify key issues, trends, opportunities and market share growth/decline for use in marketing and sales planning purposes
- Develop product sales forecasts for financial and operational planning purposes
- Collaborate with internal and external resources (i.e. agents/reps in the market) for product marketing, product strategy and development, sourcing & distribution
- Establish and maintain a new business pipeline and relentlessly pursue opportunities to broaden our markets
- Dramatically increase the sales of our Lamp products
- To communicate regularly with our internal support group with such items such as: activity, list management follow up necessities, account management, lead generation and/or other items
What you need for success:
- 10+ years of product sales and management experience (sales and/or key account)
- Four year college degree or university program certificate or more than five years related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Demonstrated active listening skills
- Strong negotiating skills
- Ability to gain trust and respect from customers’ managerial and sales teams
- Demonstrated history of key account sales/business development success
- Knowledge of marketing strategies and tactics, basic market research techniques, product demonstration, and sales techniques
- Strong technical background
Highly preferred skills and certifications:
- Experience with LED lighting and the Lighting Industry
- Experience with Salesforce.com
- Extensive experience in product sales, account management and territory/market management for major accounts, including:
- Large, “big-box” retailers and distribution networks
- Consumer electronics, household goods and/or related industries
- Category positioning for premium retail display, merchandising and promotion
- Full lifecycle account management, including contract negotiations, revenue expansion with existing customers, customer sales promotions and incentive programs
- Customer/territory strategy development and execution
Since our beginning 30 years ago, we have introduced innovative and disruptive solutions that enable a more efficient, productive and safer world. We continue our leadership in developing market-leading lighting-class LEDs, lighting products and semiconductor products for power and radio frequency (RF) applications. We believe in unlocking the power and potential of technology, enabling the world to do more with less. We aim to transform the way people experience light and are also leading the innovation of Power/RF products that move us toward a more energy efficient future.
Be part of our future and have a direct impact while working for an organization that provides a place to work alongside brilliant people, a competitive total rewards package, and a problem solving culture. We invite you to submit an application if you feel we would be a good fit.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of Cree's Employees
Director of Advanced Technology
John leads a team of diverse engineers creating the next generation of LED lighting products. His focus is intelligent lighting systems and innovative advancements for current technologies.
Back to top