Senior Product Integration Engineer for Power NPI
As a Senior Product Integration Engineer in the Power New Product Introduction Group, you will be responsible for the evaluation and qualification of all new products for Cree’s line of silicon carbide discrete MOSFET and Schottky diodes. You will be responsible for the qualification schedule, response to identified issues, generation of specifications, complete documentation of the final product, and qualification of new products to JEDEC and AECQ guidelines. Close interaction with the Marketing team, Production team and R&D team is required throughout the new product introduction process, from the initial product definition through the final phase of the product release.
- Manage Power NPI products through the formal Gate Review process
- Own and maintain the schedule for new product introductions, from concept phase through market release
- Coordinate and manage pre-production prototype lots and qualification lots through fab, test and assembly in conjunction with R&D and Production scientists and engineers.
- Ensure product qualification per JEDEC and AECQ guidelines
- Schedule and manage all qualification testing and failure analysis in conjunction with the Reliability team
- Drive resolution to identified issues in conjunction with the Failure Analysis team and Power device experts.
- Manage handoff from R&D to Operations after successful completion of NPI and deliver all required documentation for launch
- Data sheet generation in conjunction with the Applications Engineering team
- Deliver product launch on schedule and coordinate release details in conjunction with the Marketing tea
- At least 5 years of industry experience in high volume semiconductor fab manufacturing
- Must be a hands-on problem solver
- Bachelors degree in electrical engineering, chemical engineering or closely related field
- Semiconductor device physics expertise
- Project management skills and the ability to effectively multi-task
- Understanding of device-related Reliability tests required for qualification including gate reliability, temperature stability and moisture/bias related reliability tests
- Candidate must be a US citizen or Green Card holder
- Experience in power semiconductor high volume manufacturing.
- Power Device Physics knowledge and expertise
- Wafer Level Reliability, Design for Reliability, Design for Manufacturing experience a plus
- Six sigma training and experience
- Prior experience qualifying power products into industrial or automotive applications
- Data and statistical analysis experience with JMPÔ or similar software
- NPI experience as key owner and driver of New Product qualifications
- Problem solving and problem resolution skills including 8D, FMEA, DOE, ANOVA.
At Cree, we’re a little obsessed. We’re fascinated by how things work and how we can make them work better. Our products enable systems that are more powerful and efficient than previously thought possible, because we’re constantly looking for ways to push past the limits of today’s technology.
Our devices are built on silicon carbide, a material that has vastly expanded the capabilities of electronic components. Our power division is the world’s leading manufacturer of silicon-carbide Schottky diodes and MOSFETs for efficient power conversion. These devices provide increased efficiency, higher switching frequency and reduced system size and weight in a variety of applications, including power supplies and solar inverters.
Our RF division is a proven leader in high performance and reliable gallium-nitride components for wireless amplifiers. We fabricate transistors and MMICs that drastically reduce overall energy consumption. Our wide-band, RF-operating semiconductors enable enhanced performance while reducing the number of required amplifiers. Our RF group supports several applications including wireless infrastructure, RADAR and defense technologies.
We’re looking for bright minds and passionate hearts to help us build a more powerful and energy-efficient world.
Back to top