Senior Product Engineer Manufacturing
Senior Product Engineer Manufacturing
The primary focus of this position is to drive the success of LED components from design to high volume production. Responsibilities will include meeting customer and business expectations through interactions across the LED Products business while sustaining high volume manufacturing. The successful candidate will be a seasoned, experienced professional with a full understanding of LED or semiconductor manufacturing, able to resolve a wide range of issues in creative ways. The person should thrive in a data driven, high-pressure, detail and deadline-oriented atmosphere. Candidate will interface with CREE factories in the US and Asia. The standard work week will be Monday-Friday.
What can Cree do for you?
- Opportunity to interface with and gain experience from various parts of the business including marketing, NPI, reliability engineering, and supply chain engineering.
- Opportunity to function as the central resource with design, manufacturing, quality and test as the product(s) move to completion and distribution.
- Opportunity to provide engineering and management direction of all phases of a product from manufacturing introduction to completion in a high volume 24x7 global manufacturing environment.
What can you do for Cree?
- Work to sustain and improve product quality.
- Formulate and execute long term plans for cost/profit control.
- Analyze data using sound statistical methodology to drive improvements and recommendations to operations, planning, and senior management.
- Support development and implementation of strategies to drive yield monitoring, improvement, and enhancement across multiple product lines.
- Take ownership for resolving customer quality and on-time delivery issues.
- BS in Electrical, Chemical, Materials Science, Mechanical Engineering, Physics, Chemistry, Math or related field.
- 3-5 years integration, product, reliability, or process engineering experience.
- Experience with databases, data analysis and programming tools (SQL, Access, JMP, Excel, etc.)
- Strong self-motivation and ability to manage multiple projects with minimal guidance.
- Must have a "whatever it takes" attitude to achieving results.
- Willing and able to travel abroad for extended periods (up to 1 month periods, up to 3 times/year.)
- Working knowledge and experience with SPC and DOE principles and methods.
- MS in Electrical, Chemical, Materials Science, Mechanical Engineering, Physics, Chemistry, Math or related field.
- 5+ years integration, product, reliability, packaging, or process engineering experience.
Automotive electronics or semiconductor engineering experience.
Willing/able to learn and perform as necessary all tasks related to automated and manual LED assembly processes. (e.g. wirebond, die attach, encapsulation, etc.)Automotive quality stands experience preferred. Specifically ISO/TS 16949, Mil Spec, AEC-Q101, USCAR33 or similar quality standards.
- Experience leading cross functional global teams to solve problems and implement new processes and products.
Since our beginning 30 years ago, we have introduced innovative and disruptive solutions that enable a more efficient, productive and safer world. We continue our leadership in developing market-leading lighting-class LEDs, lighting products and semiconductor products for power and radio frequency (RF) applications. We believe in unlocking the power and potential of technology, enabling the world to do more with less. We aim to transform the way people experience light and are also leading the innovation of Power/RF products that move us toward a more energy efficient future.
Be part of our future and have a direct impact while working for an organization that provides a place to work alongside brilliant people, a competitive total rewards package, and a problem solving culture. We invite you to submit an application if you feel we would be a good fit.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of Cree's Employees
Process Engineer, Wolfspeed
Nathan ensures that Cree and its customers are set up for success by implementing efficient processes that allow new features and issue resolutions to be created quickly.
Back to top