Senior Process Engineer
Cree is currently recruiting for a Senior Process Engineer for its Finishing facility in Racine, WI. He/she will drive productivity and continuous improvements across all functional areas: Receiving, Pre-hang, Load, Unload, Paint, Waste Water, and Non-Conforming Material. This position requires a results-oriented, high-energy, and dynamic individual able to work and thrive in a fast-paced, growth environment. Excellent communication skills with all levels of our organization will be critical. Responsibilities
- Establish Load and Rack procedures for engineering rack density associated to production requirements. Provide schedule for maintenance for load related equipment for all coating lines.
- Create procedures for all paint line equipment, tooling and materials. This includes wash, rinse, paint booth and oven related areas.
- Understanding of material selection for appropriate tooling and gauging requirements for all related paint line equipment.
- Strong understanding of all related pre-treatment and paint specifications and paints associated to E-Coat and Powder coat lines.
- Become the go to person in new paint line technology and provide guidance and engineered cost studies for optimization of existing lines.
- Awareness and enhancement of Coating lines profitability.
- Coordinate with manufacturing in identifying and resolving issues as well as process improvement opportunities related to production and quality.
- Complete area walk around on a regular basis to insure schedules are met.
- Establish line metrics and visuals for training.
- Other tasks as needed to meet business needs.
What can Cree do for you?
- Be part of a dynamic organization poised for significant growth.
- Ample room for personal development and advancement.
What can you do for Cree?
- Bring your “A” game and contribute to an energetic and exciting work environment.
- Maintain a focus on meeting/exceeding objectives and delighting our customers on a daily basis.
- Contribute to the Cree culture by demonstrating integrity, service before self, and excellence in everything you do.
What you need for success:
- Minimum of 5 years of engineering/operations experience preferred in Powder Coating technology and equipment for and finishing.
- Experience in related maintenance of Paint lines for optimal quality and operations performance.
- Experienced in powder paint application in fast cycle manufacturing.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Chemistry preferred.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office.
- Travel as required to suppliers.
- Leadership skills.
- Self-motivated, hands on individual who can follow written and verbal instructions and meet deadlines with minimal supervision.
- Strong decision making and problem solving skills.
- Operates with high integrity; builds trust, quickly wins and sustains credibility in relationship with internal and external customers.
- Ability to communicate professionally with people at all levels of the organization and external contacts.
- Ability to react quickly to changing requirements and new process developments.
- Strong background in powder coatings.
- Experience & training in lean manufacturing practices.
Since our beginning 30 years ago, we have introduced innovative and disruptive solutions that enable a more efficient, productive and safer world. We continue our leadership in developing market-leading lighting-class LEDs, lighting products and semiconductor products for power and radio frequency (RF) applications. We believe in unlocking the power and potential of technology, enabling the world to do more with less. We aim to transform the way people experience light and are also leading the innovation of Power/RF products that move us toward a more energy efficient future.
Be part of our future and have a direct impact while working for an organization that provides a place to work alongside brilliant people, a competitive total rewards package, and a problem solving culture. We invite you to submit an application if you feel we would be a good fit.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of Cree's Employees
Process Engineer, Wolfspeed
Nathan ensures that Cree and its customers are set up for success by implementing efficient processes that allow new features and issue resolutions to be created quickly.
Back to top