Senior Process Development Engineer, Automotive
Cree currently has an opening for a Senior Automotive Process Development Engineer within our Components R&D group at our headquarters in Durham, NC. We hope you’ll read on to see if you have what it takes to join the revolution.
Today’s LED Lighting Revolution has not come to life on its own. The revolutionaries who have been and are making it happen are the creative individuals, corporations, and institutions with the passion to drive brighter, more efficient, more robust, and less expensive LEDs and LED-products via leading edge research, development, and manufacturing. Creating light consumes energy. The least expensive, most secure, and cleanest energy is the energy that is not used, and the conversion to LED lighting will make a significant, global contribution toward consuming less energy. At Cree, we are pioneering the LED Lighting Revolution by showing the world what is possible when market leading LED products, technology and engineering innovation are combined.
Now is your chance to join the revolution. Imagine your impact on the world’s energy resources as you help us create new LED lighting products that will reduce the damaging effects of energy inefficiency on our economies and environments. When you join Cree, not only will you be helping to realize energy efficient lighting in every country, city and home, but you’ll find yourself in a fast-paced and satisfying work environment where your keen intelligence and top-notch work ethic will make you an integral member of our cutting-edge engineering teams.
In this position, you will have the opportunity to develop automotive LED components for solid-state lighting. You will work with a team of scientists, engineers, and technicians to develop and transfer into production new LED-based solid state lighting products and processes.
Successful candidates will be self-motivated, hands-on, have a strong aptitude for learning new skills, and resourceful problem-solvers with the capacity to quickly grasp and resolve a wide range of technical issues through the implementation of practical solutions to complicated problems.
If you are someone who loves a fast-paced environment and enjoys solving highly complex technical problems, then we encourage you to read through the next two sections which describe the type of experience and education we’re looking for.
- Self-starter with strong personal work ethic. Must have a "whatever it takes" attitude
- Able to make individual contributions, but stay focused on the goals of the group
- Able to adjust to changing priorities and schedules.
- Able to gather data and interpret results to support continuous process improvement
- Thrives in high-pressure, deadline-oriented environment
- Able to both make and follow verbal and written work instructions.
- Strong attention to details and problem solving abilities
- Willing and able to provide training to other Cree personnel where appropriate to improve over-all capabilities and knowledge
- Able to develop, test, and document workable procedures presented at a level suitable for the intended users
- BS/MS/ PHD in Electrical Engineering, Materials Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Optics, Physics, or related technical field
- 3-10 years of engineering industry experience
- Practical working experience of LED technologies
- Willing and able to learn and perform as necessary all tasks related to automated and manual LED assembly processes (e.g., wire-bond, die attach, encapsulation, etc.)
- Efficient use of data analysis tools such as JMP, Excel, and VBA
- Excellent written, verbal communication, and interpersonal skills
- Willing to travel both domestic and international
- 3-10 years of semiconductor or package/product/process development preferred
- MS in Electrical Engineering, Materials Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Optics, Physics, or related technical field
- Automotive quality standards (ISO/TS 16949, Mil Spec, AEC-Q101, USCAR33 or similar quality standards) experience preferred
- In-depth technical understanding of packaging and/or semiconductor processes and equipment
- Experience with optical and/or thermal modeling
Since our beginning 30 years ago, we have introduced innovative and disruptive solutions that enable a more efficient, productive and safer world. We continue our leadership in developing market-leading lighting-class LEDs, lighting products and semiconductor products for power and radio frequency (RF) applications. We believe in unlocking the power and potential of technology, enabling the world to do more with less. We aim to transform the way people experience light and are also leading the innovation of Power/RF products that move us toward a more energy efficient future.
Be part of our future and have a direct impact while working for an organization that provides a place to work alongside brilliant people, a competitive total rewards package, and a problem solving culture. We invite you to submit an application if you feel we would be a good fit.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of Cree's Employees
Process Engineer, Wolfspeed
Nathan ensures that Cree and its customers are set up for success by implementing efficient processes that allow new features and issue resolutions to be created quickly.
Back to top