Senior Operations Research/Scheduling/Dispatching Lead Engineer
Cree is hiring in New York!
How would you like to be a part of starting up the world’s largest, most state-of-the-art, automotive-qualified SiC wafer fab?
We’re looking for passionate top-performers to join us at our fab facilities in New York as we qualify toolsets and design a 480,000 square-foot fab with over 100,000 square-feet of clean room space. If you want to be a pioneer with one of the most pivotal technologies of our time, Silicon Carbide, then you’re looking in the right place.
The primary purpose of the Senior Operations Research/Scheduling/Dispatching Lead Engineer is to support Manufacturing Operations by performing the following duties:
What can Cree Wolfspeed do for you?
- Personally, impact and shape the startup and ramp to volume production of CREE’s new 200mm Wafer FAB, based on your ideas, experience and strength in developing and implementing innovative and robust scheduling, dispatching and automation solutions
- Over time, build the full factory scheduling/dispatching team to run 24/7
- Provide unique opportunity to learn, interact and integrate with all supporting groups like equipment and process engineering, manufacturing operations, industrial engineering and facilities
- Build from scratch fully integrated factory simulation capabilities, using commercial software solutions
What can you do for Cree Wolfspeed?
- Act as a subject matter expert for all dispatching and scheduling related automation tasks, connecting production orders to manufacturing equipment, material transport system (AMHS), material control system (MCS) and the Manufacturing Execution System (MES)
- Play a lead role in the design, setup and implementation of the fully automated scheduling and dispatching solution in CREE’s new 200mm Silicon Carbide Wafer FAB
- Lead and initiate WIP flow management optimization projects, to improve equipment utilization, FAB cycle time and on-time delivery as well as cost reduction and yield improvement
- Lead the hiring, training and setup of the dispatch/schedule team
- Ensure timely, coordinated, and approved system configuration change management including documentation and notification to all stakeholders
- Work closely with the production leadership teams to address issues as they arise
- This position will be based in Marcy, NY, the location of our new 200mm FAB - until 2021, assignments and business travel to Albany, NY and Durham, NC will be part of the job scope
What you need for success:
- BS degree from a four-year college/university in Operations Research, Industrial Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a closely related field
- This position requires the lawful ability to access technical data, information, and areas controlled by United States export control laws and regulations.
- 5-8 years’ prior work experience in a high-volume automated semiconductor wafer FAB
- Minimum of 5 years working with Applied APF RTD/Reporter/Activity Manager
- Experience and fluency with Optimization Solvers/tools (such as ILOG CPLEX, Gurobi or COIN-OR), or dispatching tools, statistical modeling, or modeling in discrete event simulators
- Demonstrated experience in C++ or Java or writing advanced database queries
- Highly proficient with databases and data analysis tools (SQL, Access, Excel, VBA, JMP, etc.)
- Experience in application of factory physics and operations research principals in automated FAB environment
- Excellent listening and interpersonal skills.
- High motivation with continuous drive for improvement.
Highly preferred skills…
- Specific experience in scheduling and dispatching solutions within wafer FAB using commercial MES, AMHS, MCS and dispatching/scheduling solutions, preferable APF products
- Proven experience in supporting highly automated/paperless new FAB startups as well as 24/7 FAB support
- Hands on experience in discrete event simulation, model build, model optimization and integration in FAB execution and decision support systems and processes
- Ability to work independently and in teams on multiple, simultaneous projects.
- Excellent knowledge in factory physics and operations research
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent observational skills
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
This role may require additional duties and/or assignments as designated by management.
At Cree | Wolfspeed, we’ve spent more than 30 years developing industry firsts as a leader in wide bandgap semiconductor technology. Not familiar with all of our products? That is because we are a part of the invisible revolution; if we do our job right you will never know we were there. Our products make impossible possible like our LEDs that power cities to our Silicon Carbide (SiC) and Gallium Nitride (GaN) components that power electric vehicles, solar energy, telecommunications and industrial, military and aerospace solutions.
We believe in enabling the world to do more with less. That’s why we encourage each other to think unconventionally, take ownership and solve real problems. Interested in a career at Cree | Wolfspeed? We want to meet you. Submit your application now.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Back to top