Senior Manager, Sales and Marketing — LED Chips Business
Senior Manager, Sales and Marketing —LED Chips Business:
This position reports to Director of Marketing and is responsible for the development and management of growing the revenue stream of Cree LED Chip products to end customers in the Asia marketplace. This will entail: leading and developing the sales and applications team; creating and executing strategic and tactical sales plans; managing the product line from concept to maturity; overseeing product introduction, product pricing, and product line profitability; leading customer development; leading applications support; and leading the distribution channels This leader is the customer/market expert and the main conduit driving collaboration with the business unit between sales/customers and R&D management/engineering personnel, applications personnel, production and manufacturing staff, customer service groups, and, in some cases, with business marketing communications specialists.
- Lead the Sales and applications team to meet and exceed Cree, Inc. assigned revenue and profitability on continuous growth targets.
- Own responsibility for product line profitability
- Have some responsibility for assigned customer base.
- Develop territorial and account plans to support revenue targets and consistent with the business unit strategies.
- Establish strong business relationships with all relevant functional groups within customer organizations through frequent trips and teleconferences.
- Access new business opportunities and present Cree Value Proposition to create added value for the customers and position an advantage for Cree against our competitors.
- Coordinate product introduction, product concepts / sampling and new product development
- Contract and major deal negotiation and support
- Develop high-level customer relationships
- Work with General / Executive Management to establish and monitor appropriate business fundamentals, including product line data/analysis, quality, cost, delivery and customer satisfaction metrics
- Serve as the key interface between the customer/sales and the factory, developing relationships, taking inputs from both, setting priorities and clearly communicating strategy/actions to meet the business objectives
- Develop and execute product line plans and strategies (quarterly, 1-, 3-, and 5- year)
- Ensure accurate product demand and profitability forecasts for annual and quarterly operating plans for the LED Chips business.
- Manage distributors and representatives to ensure sales objectives are achieved. This will include identifying potential partners and continually evaluating existing partners' effectiveness/performance to meet their sales objectives.
- Provide basic technical support as warranted by the customer to assist design-in developments or resolving quality inquiries. This includes quickly identifying the depth of the problem and, if required, investigating the answer with Cree’s engineers/scientists.
- Provide competitive market information to management to help drive the direction of product marketing and development.
- Propose new product opportunities to core business teams based on customer needs, timing, and compliance with Cree core competencies, competitive intensity and general segment attractiveness. Solicit feedback on technical roadblocks to achieve Cree design wins.
- Understand the level of customer satisfaction with Cree technical support and drive continuous improvement in customer satisfaction while meeting Cree’s business needs.
- Maintain a New Business Opportunity Funnel.
- New customer prospecting to increase market penetration for existing applications that have established LED Chip adoption.
- Business development on emerging applications, identify market leaders, identify value proposition and business drivers for using Cree LED Chips.
- Provides and manages a clearly documented NBO sales funnel and sales process at all times for management review.
- Maintains detailed customer notes within Customer Relationship Management system on an on-going basis, and provides additional written detail on important customer developments or feedback by request. This includes bi-weekly updates on revenue targets and design win activity
- Provide key reference points for marketing inputs to R&D team leaders for the NPI process in a rigorous and organized manner
- Participates professionally and freely with relevant business unit groups and Cree senior management overall in the normal course of business unit business.
- Available to participate in key planning discussions.
Required Behavioral Characteristics:
- Excellent presentation and written communication skills
- Demonstrated active listening skills
- Demonstrated systematic approach to managing personal sales process and documenting customer situations
- Strong negotiating skills
- Strong problem solving skills
- Ability to gain trust and respect from customers’ managerial and technical teams
- Demonstrated ability to work with and influence senior management within employer and customer organizations, teamwork internally and externally
- Self-motivator with strong drive to achieve business objectives
- BSEE or equivalent technical degree to provide some technical support to customers and to perceive technical questions and situations
- 3 Years semiconductor selling experience
- Computer skills - Outlook, Excel, Internet Research, and PowerPoint
- 5 Years semiconductor selling experience.
- Demonstrated history of selling $15M or more business-level agreements into complex manufacturing environments.
- Knowledge of marketing strategies and tactics, basic market research techniques, product demonstration, and sales techniques
- Extensive travel experience with remote territorial management.
Since our beginning 30 years ago, we have introduced innovative and disruptive solutions that enable a more efficient, productive and safer world. We continue our leadership in developing market-leading lighting-class LEDs, lighting products and semiconductor products for power and radio frequency (RF) applications. We believe in unlocking the power and potential of technology, enabling the world to do more with less. We aim to transform the way people experience light and are also leading the innovation of Power/RF products that move us toward a more energy efficient future.
Be part of our future and have a direct impact while working for an organization that provides a place to work alongside brilliant people, a competitive total rewards package, and a problem solving culture. We invite you to submit an application if you feel we would be a good fit.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of Cree's Employees
Director of Advanced Technology
John leads a team of diverse engineers creating the next generation of LED lighting products. His focus is intelligent lighting systems and innovative advancements for current technologies.
Back to top