Senior Manager - FP&A
Senior Manager – FP&A
Cree is seeking a Senior Manager of FP&A to support the management, consolidation and financial analysis of the Cree world-wide budgeting/forecasting processes. This includes Cree’s Annual Operating Plan (AOP), Quarterly Budgets, long range business strategy forecasts and other forecast updates that are used as a basis for Senior Management and our Board of Directors, external guidance to the Investment Community and the Company’s Business Planning process. These consolidated budgets/ forecasts and comparison to actual results will provide useful information that can assist Cree’s CEO, CFO and other Senior Management in managing the consolidated operations and make appropriate operational adjustments when necessary. This person will work closely with our Operating Segment Managers and our other Finance team members to improve and drive increased value in our budgeting/forecasting/financial results analysis processes. This person is responsible for oversight, managing and ensuring the proper accounting of transactions incurred by the Cree Shared Service teams the corporate FP&A team directly supports. Additionally, this person will be responsible for the Financial Benchmarking process of the company.
What can Cree do for you?
- Potential for upward mobility in a thriving organization
- Chance to work with all levels of a global organization
- High visibility in a $1+ billion company
What can you do for Cree?
- Manage Cree’s consolidated budgeting process on a GAAP and Non-GAAP basis, including consolidated income statement, balance sheet and cash flow. Maintain and manage overall budget/forecast calendars
- Ultimate responsibility for the Hyperion Planning modules, including the Workforce Planning and Capital Planning modules
- Manage and support of Cree’s Shared Service departments directly with budget development (including capital planning and headcount) and actual expense analysis
- Ensure the proper accounting of shared service department transactions in conjunction with Cree policies. Ensure shared service teams take appropriate actions to adapt to current business conditions
- Enable department managers to optimize efficiency and costs, identify cost reduction or leverage opportunities and challenge assumptions made throughout the budgeting process.
- Ensure budget, actual and statistical data flows accurately between Oracle financials and Hyperion Planning/ Essbase tools
- Manage/coordinate support with Operating segment and Product Line Finance personnel to ensure Hyperion budget tool meets business needs and enables a consolidated Cree budget/ forecast
- Financial analysis of business unit capital equipment and facility needs, including forecasting commitment timing and cash outflows. Includes monitoring cost/benefit modeling plus liaison with finance/operations for budget updates and justifications
- Assist in the preparation of financial data for quarterly Board of Director meetings, Investor presentations and various employee meetings
- Work closely with the Accounting Department to improve the monthly and quarterly financial reporting package
- Support special projects, such as Mergers/Acquisition analysis and valuation.
- Prepare Financial Benchmarking studies
- Participate in other projects as requested by Vice President – Corporate Finance and/or CFO, as necessary
What you need for success:
- BA or BS in Accounting or Finance; MBA and/or CPA preferred
- Must have minimum 10+ years of progressively responsible financial and accounting leadership experience with manufacturing and product line business experience a plus.
- Must have been a manager of a high performing team
- High level of financial acumen
- Effectively developed short and long term strategic financial objectives and able to measure performance against those targets
- Strong accounting and analytical skills
- Advanced Excel and Office Suite skills
- 2+ years direct experience using Hyperion Planning and Essbase or equivalent system
- Knowledge of Oracle, or its equivalent, and what is truly available within the Oracle database
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to communicate and manage well at all levels of the organization and with staff at remote locations
- Skilled, diplomatic negotiator
Highly preferred skills and certifications:
- MBA or certification (CPA/CMA) preferred
At Cree, we’re always on. We believe that meaningful change happens through sheer force of will and the determination of a team solving a problem, and we’re unafraid to kick down the door to make it happen. That’s how we inspired the LED revolution and continue to create brilliantly affordable, radically simple, uncompromisingly efficient solutions that transform the way we experience light. From inventing America’s best-selling light bulb to commercializing the brightest lighting-class LEDs, our vision isn’t just to cultivate a thriving business – it’s to better the world. And we don’t take no for an answer. Be part of what’s next. Join our growing multi-billion dollar start-up, named a 2014 MIT Technology Review “50 Smartest Company,” to revolutionize energy efficiency and transform the way we experience light. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Back to top