Senior Industrial Engineer- NY
Cree is hiring in New York!
How would you like to be a part of starting up the world’s largest, most state-of-the-art, automotive-qualified SiC wafer fab?
We’re looking for passionate top-performers to join us at our fab facilities in New York as we qualify toolsets and design a 480,000 square-foot fab with over 100,000 square-feet of clean room space. If you want to be a pioneer with one of the most pivotal technologies of our time, Silicon Carbide, then you’re looking in the right place.
This position will be based out of Albany but will move to Marcy, NY in 2021/2022.
What can Cree | Wolfspeed do for you?
- Opportunity to own cross-departmental initiatives and improvements for high impact
- Potential for upward mobility in a thriving organization
- High visibility role
What can you do for Cree | Wolfpseed?
The primary purpose of the Industrial / Manufacturing Engineer is to support Manufacturing Operations by performing the following duties:
- Develop and maintain time studies, capacity modeling and line balancing to support a high-volume production line. Communicate regularly with management and other functional groups within Cree | Wolfspeed to ensure understanding of needs/problems in relation to industrial engineering projects.
- Analyzes work force utilization, work center layout, material flows, production costs, process flow and production requirements to determine the most efficient utilization of personnel and equipment.
- Interact with other technical groups throughout Cree | Wolfspeed and elsewhere to exchange technical information and remain abreast of new developments in the field.
- Develop, monitor and report production metrics.
- Support of 24/7 manufacturing and participate in production planning.
- Acts as the Project Manager for Equipment installations and relocations, by working with Facility Engineering, Sustaining Engineering, Operations Managers, production personnel, Quality Control and peers to aid with design and implementation plans.
- Participates in LEAN manufacturing initiatives and support.
What you need for success:
- BS degree from a four-year college/university in Industrial Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering or related field.
- 5-10 years prior work experience in a high volume manufacturing environment.
- Experience in a highly automated material handling fab is necessary.
- Overall knowledge of industrial engineering to support fab capacity planning, resource utilization and lean manufacturing.
- High proficiency in the use of computer applications such as Excel, Word, AutoCAD, statistical analysis software, database creation and management. Experience with databases and data analysis tools (SQL, Access, JMP, VBA, etc)
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent listening and interpersonal skills.
- High motivation with continuous drive for improvement.
- MS degree from an accredited university in Industrial Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering
- 5+ years semiconductor manufacturing experience in the Industrial/Manufacturing Engineering field
This role may require additional duties and/or assignments as designated by management.
At Cree | Wolfspeed, we’ve spent more than 30 years developing industry firsts as a leader in wide bandgap semiconductor technology. Not familiar with all of our products? That is because we are a part of the invisible revolution; if we do our job right you will never know we were there. Our products make impossible possible like our LEDs that power cities to our Silicon Carbide (SiC) and Gallium Nitride (GaN) components that power electric vehicles, solar energy, telecommunications and industrial, military and aerospace solutions.
We believe in enabling the world to do more with less. That’s why we encourage each other to think unconventionally, take ownership and solve real problems. Interested in a career at Cree | Wolfspeed? We want to meet you. Submit your application now.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Back to top