Senior Financial Analyst
Senior Financial Analyst
Wolfspeed is seeking a Senior Financial Analyst to join the Finance team at our Fayetteville, AR location. This person will be primarily focused on budgeting and forecasting activities for the advanced power module research and manufacturing site in Fayetteville, AR. This role will also have accounting responsibilities involving government contracts, costing, inventory valuation, cost of goods sold, and internal transfers.
- Supports government contract accounting and compliance efforts
- Supports the quarterly budgeting and monthly forecasting processes
- Obtains and verifies key budgeting data and assumptions, using these inputs in various budgeting and forecasting systems, including forecasted cost calculations
- Prepares monthly/quarterly departmental expense data analysis, including budget to actual spend analysis for manufacturing and non-manufacturing departments, preparing any necessary correcting journal entries.
- Research ad hoc budgeting/forecasting requests
- Prepares and maintains other regular financial and operating reports as deemed necessary
- Complete the monthly inventory costing process
- Calculate and monitor the required inventory valuation reserves
- Monitor and report on the physical inventory count process
- Provide financial analysis and review of actual spend with a focus on identifying and researching large budget to actual variances
- Prepare monthly account reconciliations
- Work with site management to help identify and drive cost-out opportunities
- Prepare monthly recurring journal entries
- Works with other finance team members and groups to gain efficiencies and implement process improvements
What you need for success:
- Degree in accounting, finance, or related field
- Organized professional with 2-5 years of experience
- Must be a critical thinker and problem solver
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be able to multi-task and prioritize tasks
- Team player with a strong work ethic and a drive to be the best
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills
Highly preferred skills and certifications
- CMA or CPA
- Experience with government contracting
- Experience with semiconductor or power module manufacturing
- Oracle or similar ERP experience
Since our beginning 30 years ago, we have introduced innovative and disruptive solutions that enable a more efficient, productive and safer world. We continue our leadership in developing market-leading lighting-class LEDs, lighting products and semiconductor products for power and radio frequency (RF) applications. We believe in unlocking the power and potential of technology, enabling the world to do more with less. We aim to transform the way people experience light and are also leading the innovation of Power/RF products that move us toward a more energy efficient future.
Be part of our future and have a direct impact while working for an organization that provides a place to work alongside brilliant people, a competitive total rewards package, and a problem solving culture. We invite you to submit an application if you feel we would be a good fit.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of Cree's Employees
Process Engineer, Wolfspeed
Nathan ensures that Cree and its customers are set up for success by implementing efficient processes that allow new features and issue resolutions to be created quickly.
Back to top