Senior Director - Infrastructure Operations & Information Security
Senior Director - Infrastructure Operations & Information Security
Cree is seeking a Senior IT Team Leader - Solution Support and Information Security to lead all efforts related to ensuring continued operations of our global business in the areas of Infrastructure/Application Management, IT Operations, Information Security, Risk Management and Compliance. S/He will be responsible for building and delivering capabilities/solutions to maintain, improve, protect and enable our business in the areas of: incident/problem management, end user technologies, IT operations, application/systems performance, information security, policy creation, risk management, vulnerability remediation, regulatory compliance and intellectual property protection. Reporting to the Chief Information Officer, the Senior IT Team Leader - Solution Support and Information Security will function as a liaison to Cree IT, Business Leaders and Vendors to determine changing business needs and ensure issues are thoroughly identified are aligned with existing business strategy/priorities and implemented.
This position as a key member of the Cree IT Leadership Team provides strategic leadership and management. This includes the development and implementation of short and long term strategies, development and compliance with policies, procedures, managing and optimizing IT assets, fostering a continuous improvement environment, and development of IT personnel. Leads development of Cree’s long-term systems requirements and any hardware/software designs required to accomplish business objectives and support company growth. Also contributes actively as a member of the Cree ITLT to the overall development and delivery of IT capabilities required to support business growth and provide a competitive advantage through the use of technology to Cree.
This position is the go to contact for all IT solution support infrastructure and operation improvements and enablement of business process improvements for the Divisions and Functions across Cree with particular focus on the end user experience. This position fosters IT’s accountability with a focus on the alignment of the above teams’ strategies and objectives with overall Cree IT objectives. This position will be held accountable for the training, education, execution and transformation of systems solutions with the goal to fully utilize their capabilities. The candidate will act in a lead role supporting the company’s Chief Information Officer, driving process and portfolio management capabilities across IT and all Cree Businesses and Functions.
What can Cree do for you?
- Provide a high visibility role focusing on value delivery and transformational leadership in a $1.5B and growing company
- Showcase your skills at the global enterprise level
- Provide career growth opportunities within a thriving organization
- Opportunity to be a key strategic contributor from the ground up
What can you do for Cree?
- Set policy for corporate-wide information security.
- Serve as the central point of contact to maximize the adoption of and support for IT Information Security and Business Enablement plans and procedures across the company.
- Recommend the design of process, procedures and systems that will protect key information assets.
- Develop overall business enabled Information Security Roadmap, programs and business cases to secure funding and implement critical programs.
- Provide assistance in defining requirements in the procurement and/or development, deployment of all new hardware, software and application systems.
- Develop and maintain an information security awareness program for the organization.
- Develop a management control program that proactively identifies threats to the organization.
- Conduct periodic risk assessment reviews, information security inspections and remedy any noted security weaknesses.
- Formulate company response to audit and regulatory information security findings and follow up periodically to assure appropriate controls and procedures are implemented.
- Formulate and implement an incident response strategy. This includes developing an incident response team, declaring incidents, coordinating and assisting in the investigation of incidents, assisting in the recovery from attacks, coordinating with law enforcement agencies and developing the post response control strategy.
- Create organizational capability and personal development plans to ensure mastership in the latest business continuity/cybersecurity best practice methods via internal and external training, trade journals, seminars and professional society memberships.
- Lead the planning and execution of the IT Disaster Recovery Program, Information Security, Business Enablement, Records Retention, and IT Compliance programs for all entities.
- Support/collaborate with our Divisional Product Development/Management Teams in the development of robust, secure customer facing products/solutions taken into account all Internet of Things (IoT) best practice solutions.
- Continually improve the overall experience and satisfaction of our customers by leveraging the latest industry best practice technologies and solutions.
- Responsible for incident resolution and continuous improvement of our end user IT experience
- Identify opportunities to improve IT solutions, train end users, improve system utilization and reduce incidents
- Manage delivery of projects/solutions on time, within budget and to customer expectations
- Work with application managed services partner to ensure continuous improvement in management and support of applications
- Responsible to monitor, maintain, upgrade and support existing IT systems and applications
- Continually improve operations of networks, storage, data centers, servers, pc, and overall IT systems management/collaboration tools.
- Work to consolidate/optimize existing infrastructure in line with architecture principles
- Work with infrastructure managed services provider to ensure support and continuous improvement of our infrastructure availability, capacity and recoverability
- Facilitate development and testing of business continuity and disaster recovery plans to reduce operational risk while meeting the required availabilities needed for our customer’s Business Continuity Planning and the Service Level Agreements (SLAs)
- Leads development of new support capabilities required to support and maintain new project infrastructure & applications
- Assist with application solution delivery (document, test, train and start-up assistance)
- Part of Cree IT Leadership Team strategic transformation efforts
- Cree/Cree IT transformation
- Facilitate cross Business/Functional integration opportunities
- Represent Divisional/Functional uniqueness requirements
- IT Capability Plan
- Organizational and competency development
- IT Service Management implementations
- Business technology solutions
What you need for success:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field
- 20+ years of progressive IT experience with at least 3 years each in a senior information security and IT operations leadership role within a $2.0B - $5.0B Global Business as a direct report to the CIO
- Proven experience with large scale infrastructure/application environments within the manufacturing industry.
- Strong background in Information Security principles and operations
- Experienced with M&A and/or divestitures
- Ability to work within a 24/7 environment across multiple time zones
- IT management experience demonstrating a proven project and process management skill set
- Strong problem solving and decision making skills with excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Ability and desire to engage with all functions/business across the Enterprise to understand and articulate the business requirements as well as the capabilities and requirements
- Demonstrated broad knowledge of major aspects of IT including information security, risk management, compliance, project management, systems analysis, design and development, budget administration; with broad exposure and practical experience in IT management
- Ability to influence and lead change across the enterprise at all levels of the organization
- Proven ability to deliver despite obstacles
- Ability to travel domestically (0% - 30%) and internationally (< 5%)
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Experience in audit and assessment analysis, developing Board level KPI’s/metrics and presentations
- A Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) designation
- IT management experience in a strong manufacturing environment demonstrating a proven project and process management skill set.
- General knowledge of all IT disciplines and technology platforms.
- Management experience with a proven track record of leading a team across a variety of diverse locations. (Remote/virtual management).
- Considerable knowledge of business theory, business processes, management, budgeting, and business office operations.
- Experience in the design and implementation of key standardize IT processes and methodologies (i.e. ITIL, PMI and SDLC).
- Ability to implement standards and operating metrics.
Highly preferred skills and certifications:
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience with manufacturing, ideally in the Industrial Electronics and Electrical Equipment industry
- Results-oriented, customer-focused, team player
- Highly motivated
- Ability to strategize and execute
- Sensitive to cultural diversities
- Problem analysis and problem resolution at both a strategic and functional level
- Strategy and planning: an ability to think and plan over a 12-36 month time span
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to communicate to both business and technical individuals
- Strong influence and negotiating skills – ability to deliver with direct and indirect resources
- Excellent listener & communicator
- Proven ability to build and maintain relationships with business and IT colleagues
- Acts as a Salesperson for business needs and technology requirements
- Shows Consistent and Appropriate Responsiveness to both Urgent and Non-Critical Matters
- Proven experience in risk management, compliance and information security
- Proven experience in change management and base ITSM processes
- Proficient in project management software
- Experience with support of IoT product build outs
At Cree, we’re always on. We believe that meaningful change happens through sheer force of will and the determination of a team solving a problem, and we’re unafraid to kick down the door to make it happen. That’s how we inspired the LED revolution and continue to create brilliantly affordable, radically simple, uncompromisingly efficient solutions that transform the way we experience light. From inventing America’s best-selling light bulb to commercializing the brightest lighting-class LEDs, our vision isn’t just to cultivate a thriving business – it’s to better the world. And we don’t take no for an answer. Be part of what’s next. Join our growing multi-billion dollar start-up, named a 2014 MIT Technology Review “50 Smartest Company,” to revolutionize energy efficiency and transform the way we experience light. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Back to top