Senior Business & Pricing Analyst
We currently have a vacancy for a Senior Business and Pricing Analyst in our LED Components group. This position is located in our headquarters in Durham, NC.
This position is responsible for working cross functionally, and globally, to manage regional business opportunities for the LED Components business unit. Working with Sales, Finance, Product Management, Operations, and Customer Service, this person will evaluate special business opportunities for supportability against business unit objectives.
Additionally, this person will work closely with the product marketing team and commercial marketing manager to improve global price book management and pricing decision-making processes to ensure accuracy and timeliness of pricing approvals.
The Senior Analyst position will provide monthly demand forecasting for the global LED Components group, including price/volume/mix variance and regional demand variance reporting and global inventory reconciliation.
This individual is expected to provide ongoing and ad hoc business unit and performance metric analysis in support of the Commercial Marketing and Product Management teams. This analysis may include quarterly applications analysis, channel inventory reviews, pricing and program support, and internal process analysis.
- Develop analytics and strategies to improve the decision making process regarding global pricing approvals and negotiations
- Develop, implement and maintain business unit modeling related to pricing, margins, inventory positions, etc.
- Directly support sales team on pricing and product specifications for special business opportunities in line with pricing strategy established by Product Managers and business unit margin targets
- Provide 24 hour response to sales team and distributors with product specifications, pricing and product positioning to grow the customer base in the region.
- Provide single point of contact for sales back into product marketing and engineering for opportunities requiring special product capabilities, pricing or order codes
- Identify and communicate new business opportunities, product requirements and pricing required for target market segments with product managers
- Work cross-functionally with product management team to evaluate and execute special product/pricing requests
- Understand, analyze and provide actionable insight on specific business opportunities
- Create, update, and maintain global price books (20,000+ order codes) utilizing custom software platform in alignment with product strategies and business unit objectives
- Define, develop, and monitor business unit performance metrics utilizing business intelligence software tools and various sales and marketing data sources
- Provide historical and forward looking business unit reporting and analysis on an ongoing and ad hoc basis
- Develop strong relationships with Sales and distribution management, Operations, Finance, Product Management and customer Service to enable success
- Bachelors Degree in Mathematics, Business Management, Finance or Engineering
- 3-5 years of experience in Commercial Marketing, Business Analyst, Finance or other analytical role in a high-tech environment
- Strong analytical skills and experience, with advanced skills in Microsoft Excel and working knowledge of BI software tools (Tableau preferred)
- Prior demand forecasting experience
- Good general knowledge of both sales and product marketing processes Passionate, self-motivator with strong drive to achieve business objectives
- Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Ability to prioritize work assignments and shift work efforts based on the needs of the department or business goals
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, rapidly changing working environment
- Strong attention to detail
- Prior demand forecasting experience
- Demonstrated ability to provide business and market analysis and reporting that drives business objectives and decisions.
- Works effectively both independently as well as within a team environment
- Proven ability to “manage-by-influence” cross-functional teams without formal authority
- MBA or advanced degree
- Demonstrated success in working with global teams on pricing and product positioning
- General knowledge and experience with regional pricing strategies and price book management experience
- Working knowledge: SQL, JMP, Oracle, Salesforce
- Advanced knowledge: Tableau, Microsoft Excel
Since our beginning 30 years ago, we have introduced innovative and disruptive solutions that enable a more efficient, productive and safer world. We continue our leadership in developing market-leading lighting-class LEDs, lighting products and semiconductor products for power and radio frequency (RF) applications. We believe in unlocking the power and potential of technology, enabling the world to do more with less. We aim to transform the way people experience light and are also leading the innovation of Power/RF products that move us toward a more energy efficient future.
Be part of our future and have a direct impact while working for an organization that provides a place to work alongside brilliant people, a competitive total rewards package, and a problem solving culture. We invite you to submit an application if you feel we would be a good fit.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of Cree's Employees
Process Engineer, Wolfspeed
Nathan ensures that Cree and its customers are set up for success by implementing efficient processes that allow new features and issue resolutions to be created quickly.
Back to top