Senior 5G RF GaAs MMIC Designer
MMIC Design Engineer
Wolfspeed is Cree's Power & Radio Frequency (RF) business and one of the world's leading suppliers of gallium nitride on silicon carbide (GaN-on-SiC) technology and products. Our business is growing rapidly and we are hiring an experienced MMIC Design Engineer to join our team responsible for developing RF solutions for the 5G cellular infrastructure market.
What Wolfspeed can do for you:
You will be part of a strong technical team that values agility, contribution, and enjoying work. You will work directly with technology that will significantly impact the future of transportation, energy and communications. Our broad portfolio in growing markets provides stability and opportunity for personal growths and experience. Our growth oriented business model allows opportunities for mobility within the company.
What you can do for Wolfspeed:
As a MMIC designer you will work in a cross functional team of experts to develop highly integrated RF solutions for the 5G cellular infrastructure market. You will have direct responsibility for the development of key system components within the solution. You will be interfacing with package engineering, device engineering, and systems engineering to ensure products deliver the highest level of performance and quality. You will interface with internal and external manufacturing partners to ensure all design rules are met. You will contribute to the identification of semiconductor processes, process options, and process improvements. In addition, you will work product and program management team to ensure timelines are met.
What you need for success:
- MSc degree in Electrical Engineering with focus on communication, electromagnetics, mm-wave and RF design or a related field.
- 5+ years’ experience in design of MMICs using GaAs HBT, GaAs pHEMT, RF SOI, or SiGe BiCMOS technologies.
- Experience in the design of power amplifiers, low noise amplifiers, digital step attenuators, digital phase shifters, RF switches and/or filters.
- Proficient in RF matching network theory and design.
- Hands-on experience with tuning and optimization of RF circuitry.
- Highly skilled in the use of RF measurement equipment including spectrum analyzers, vector network analyzers, oscilloscopes, power meters, etc.
- Proficient in the use of common RF and EM EDA software.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, result oriented growth business with a start-up mentality.
At Cree | Wolfspeed, we’ve spent more than 30 years developing industry firsts as a leader in wide bandgap semiconductor technology. Not familiar with all of our products? That is because we are a part of the invisible revolution; if we do our job right you will never know we were there. Our products make impossible possible like our LEDs that power cities to our Silicon Carbide (SiC) and Gallium Nitride (GaN) components that power electric vehicles, solar energy, telecommunications and industrial, military and aerospace solutions.
We believe in enabling the world to do more with less. That’s why we encourage each other to think unconventionally, take ownership and solve real problems. Interested in a career at Cree | Wolfspeed? We want to meet you. Submit your application now.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Back to top