Semiconductor Production Worker - Fab (Silicon Dr.)
We currently have immediate openings for Semiconductor Production Workers in our Global Operations Fab. We are looking for individuals with a great work ethic, desire to learn, and someone looking to be part of a team built on integrity, honest, and trust. Successful candidates will be expected to learn quickly, apply knowledge, and must meet the requirements below.
Location: Silicon Dr., Durham, NC
Shift: 12-hour days or 12-hour nights
A career at Cree as a Semiconductor Production Worker offers:
- Full-time jobs! (not temporary assignments)
- A new starting wage of $13.50 per hour!
- Shift differentials up to 10% on top of the starting base wage
- Paid vacation and holidays
- Health insurance benefits, 401(k), full-service fitness center, on-site café, ESPP, paid vacation and holidays
- Safe work environment in a growing company and industry
- Predictable / Consistent work shifts
- Pay day every other Friday based on standard work schedule that is comprised of 80 hours straight pay + 4 hours overtime
- Available voluntary overtime, pre-approved by your supervisor
- Internal promotion opportunities!
- Performs a variety of functions in the production of semiconductor devices
- Will set-up, operate, load, and monitor specialized equipment to ensure quality product is produced
- May be responsible for monitoring equipment operation, maintaining supply levels, inspecting final product, cleaning the work environment, and performing light data entry
- Will assist in setting up workstations and will following written or verbal process specifications in completing all assignments
- May be required to work in a clean room environment and wear personal protective equipment (PPE) including but not limited to eye protection, gloves and other department specific equipment
- Checks and inspects results against predetermined tolerances
- Will work a 12 hour night shift rotation unless business needs dictate a need for day shift availability
- Push and/or lift up to 50 pounds consistently
- Experience demonstrating mechanical aptitude and/or utilizing fine motor skills; for example, working with large equipment and machinery, assembly or reassembly
- Must be comfortable wearing personal protective equipment (clean-room suit)
- Comfortable working a clean-room setting or in dirty and dusty conditions
- Proven work history showing a strong work ethic and stability in previous positions
- Ability to sit or stand for 12 hours at a time with the flexibility to work night or day shift
- Basic computer and math skills
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- Reliable transportation available
- Good communication skills, both written and oral; ability to read and write effectively
- No vision restrictions; without appropriate corrective lenses
- Comfortable working around chemicals
- Ability to multi-task and approach tasks with detail-oriented manner
- Aptitude for handling repetitive tasks
- High school diploma or equivalent/GED
- 2 years vocational or technical college training or 2+ years on the job knowledge
- Prior military experience (within the last 10 years)
- Experience working with or using microscopes is an added preference for this job
Since our beginning 30 years ago, we have introduced innovative and disruptive solutions that enable a more efficient, productive and safer world. We continue our leadership in developing market-leading lighting-class LEDs, lighting products and semiconductor products for power and radio frequency (RF) applications. We believe in unlocking the power and potential of technology, enabling the world to do more with less. We aim to transform the way people experience light and are also leading the innovation of Power/RF products that move us toward a more energy efficient future.
Be part of our future and have a direct impact while working for an organization that provides a place to work alongside brilliant people, a competitive total rewards package, and a problem solving culture. We invite you to submit an application if you feel we would be a good fit.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of Cree's Employees
Process Engineer, Wolfspeed
Nathan ensures that Cree and its customers are set up for success by implementing efficient processes that allow new features and issue resolutions to be created quickly.
Back to top