Semiconductor Manufacturing Technician - Power & RF Epitaxy Group
Support and sustain manufacturing operations in the Power & RF Epitaxy department to enable the production of clean, high-quality SiC and GaN wafers. Assume ownership of delegated departmental responsibilities and participate in process development and continuous improvement efforts.
- Provide technical assistance and maintenance to the Process Engineering, Process Development, and R&D groups. Serve as the first contact for all process issues.
- Attain 100% of the certifications in all operational procedures in department.
- Train operators on departmental procedures. Conduct certification testing and audit operator adherence to those procedures.
- Perform calibrations and tool checks. Generate and monitor SPC charts for key equipment.
- Perform routine maintenance on tools.
- Perform IQC and work with vendors and design and constructions of parts.
- Perform special processing of material.
- Handle dispositions of non-conforming material.
- Take on project work supporting the efforts of the departmental engineers.
- Perform any other tasks delegated as necessary to support the CREE Power & RF Business.
- Perform hardware cleaning in acidic chemical bath. Must be capable of handling 15lb components within the chemical hood.
- Must have flexible schedule to cover either red/blue shift as required by demand and/or training.
- Creation and analysis of basic statistical process control charts.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- BS degree, two-year technical degree, or formal technical / military training preferred.
- At least 1 year of semiconductor processing experience in a cleanroom environment required.
- High energy, self motivated attitude with strong communication skills and ability to interface effectively with coworkers of different backgrounds at every level of the company.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities in a fast paced manufacturing environment. Ability to handle sudden changes in daily priorities and to make and stand by difficult decisions.
- Strong Microsoft Office computer skills (Word, Excel, Access, Outlook).
Since our beginning 30 years ago, we have introduced innovative and disruptive solutions that enable a more efficient, productive and safer world. We continue our leadership in developing market-leading lighting-class LEDs, lighting products and semiconductor products for power and radio frequency (RF) applications. We believe in unlocking the power and potential of technology, enabling the world to do more with less. We aim to transform the way people experience light and are also leading the innovation of Power/RF products that move us toward a more energy efficient future.
Be part of our future and have a direct impact while working for an organization that provides a place to work alongside brilliant people, a competitive total rewards package, and a problem solving culture. We invite you to submit an application if you feel we would be a good fit.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of Cree's Employees
Process Engineer, Wolfspeed
Nathan ensures that Cree and its customers are set up for success by implementing efficient processes that allow new features and issue resolutions to be created quickly.
Back to top