Semiconductor Manufacturing Technician
We are looking to hire a Semiconductor Manufacturing Technician to work with a team of engineers, technicians; maintenance, and production to sustain wafer fabrication processes for LED chip products.
What can Cree do for you?
- This role will allow you to gain experience in the semiconductor industry.
- This opportunity is a great entry point into our organization
- Ability to directly work with and assist engineers and scientists.
What can you do for Cree?
- Work closely with a team of Process Sustaining Engineers
- Set up and complete designed experiments
- Perform data collection and analysis
- Initiate inspections and dispositions of manufactured products
- Perform characterization of manufactured products
- Summarize and communicate findings accurately to engineering team and management
What you need for success:
Successful candidates for this job should be:
- Willing to learn non-routine clean room processing
- Able to adjust to changing priorities and schedules
- Able to follow verbal and written work instructions
- Able to coordinate several tasks in multiple areas
- Able to stay focused on work without distraction
- Self-motivated to complete tasks and find new ones in a timely fashion
- Able to document work using existing databases
- A team player and be willing to work hard and carefully
- Associates Degree in Engineering or Science OR at least 2 years of clean room experience
- At least 1 year of high-volume manufacturing experience
- Candidate must be a US Citizen or Permanent Resident (Green Card Holder)
- Must have computer skills – able to navigate through directories/folders and use MS office applications
- Good manual dexterity
- Able to perform microscopic inspections for extended periods
- Able to work in clean room for extended periods
- Ability to work independently and as a part of a larger team of technicians
- Motivated and willing to work hard to help company succeed
- Must be able to work 12-hour shifts in a fast paced environment
- Must be a team player
- Must have a flexible work schedule and the ability to work overtime on short notice
- BS degree in a relevant Engineering or Science Degree
- 3+ years experience in a high-volume manufacturing environment, preferably semiconductor
- Good communication skills, both written and oral
At Cree, we’re always on. We believe that meaningful change happens through sheer force of will and the determination of a team solving a problem, and we’re unafraid to kick down the door to make it happen. That’s how we inspired the LED revolution and continue to create brilliantly affordable, radically simple, uncompromisingly efficient solutions that transform the way we experience light. From inventing America’s best-selling light bulb to commercializing the brightest lighting-class LEDs, our vision isn’t just to cultivate a thriving business – it’s to better the world. And we don’t take no for an answer. Be part of what’s next. Join our growing multi-billion dollar start-up, named a 2014 MIT Technology Review “50 Smartest Company,” to revolutionize energy efficiency and transform the way we experience light. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of Cree's Employees
Manager, Sustaining Engineering
Katrina pushes lighting technology forward by managing the engineers who assemble the inner workings of the Cree LED Bulb. She also looks at data to brainstorm ways to make the brightest LED components possible.
Back to top