Semiconductor Manufacturing Technician
We are looking to hire a Semiconductor Manufacturing Technician to work with a team of engineers, technicians; maintenance, and production to sustain wafer fabrication processes for LED chip products.
This opening is for a 12 hour night position.
What can we do for you?
- This role will allow you to gain experience in the semiconductor industry.
- This opportunity is a great entry point into our organization
- Ability to directly work with and assist engineers and scientists.
What can you do for Cree?
- Work closely with a team of Process Sustaining Engineers
- Set up and complete designed experiments
- Perform data collection and analysis
- Initiate inspections and dispositions of manufactured products
- Perform characterization of manufactured products
- Summarize and communicate findings accurately to engineering team and management
What you need for success
Successful candidates for this job should be:
-This position requires the lawful ability to access technical data, information, and areas controlled by United States export control laws and regulations.
- Willing to learn non-routine clean room processing
- Able to adjust to changing priorities and schedules
- Able to follow verbal and written work instructions
- Able to coordinate several tasks in multiple areas
- Able to stay focused on work without distraction
- Self-motivated to complete tasks and find new ones in a timely fashion
- Able to document work using existing databases
- A team player and be willing to work hard and carefully
- Associates Degree in Engineering or Science OR at least 2 years of clean room experience
- At least 1 year of high-volume manufacturing experience
- Candidate must be a US Citizen or Permanent Resident (Green Card Holder)
- Must have computer skills – able to navigate through directories/folders and use MS office applications
- Good manual dexterity
- Able to perform microscopic inspections for extended periods
- Able to work in clean room for extended periods
- Ability to work independently and as a part of a larger team of technicians
- Motivated and willing to work hard to help company succeed
- Must be able to work 12-hour shifts in a fast paced environment
- Must be a team player
- Must have a flexible work schedule and the ability to work overtime on short notice
- BS degree in a relevant Engineering or Science Degree
- 3+ years experience in a high-volume manufacturing environment, preferably semiconductor
- Good communication skills, both written and oral
At Cree | Wolfspeed, we’ve spent more than 30 years developing industry firsts as a leader in wide bandgap semiconductor technology. Not familiar with all of our products? That is because we are a part of the invisible revolution; if we do our job right you will never know we were there. Our products make impossible possible like our LEDs that power cities to our Silicon Carbide (SiC) and Gallium Nitride (GaN) components that power electric vehicles, solar energy, telecommunications and industrial, military and aerospace solutions.
We believe in enabling the world to do more with less. That’s why we encourage each other to think unconventionally, take ownership and solve real problems. Interested in a career at Cree | Wolfspeed? We want to meet you. Submit your application now.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Back to top