Semiconductor Manufacturing Technician
Work with a team of engineers, technicians; maintenance, and production to sustain wafer fabrication processes for LED chip products.
This opening is for a 12 hour night shift position.
What Cree Can Do For You
- This role will allow you to continue developing your experience in the semiconductor industry.
- This opportunity is a great entry point into our organization
- Ability to directly work with and assist engineers and scientists.
What You Can Do For Cree:
- Work closely with a team of Process Sustaining Engineers
- Set up and complete designed experiments
- Perform data collection and analysis
- Initiate inspections and dispositions of manufactured products
- Perform characterization of manufactured products
- Summarize and communicate findings accurately to engineering team and management
What You Need for Success:
- Associates Degree in Engineering or Science OR at least 2 years in a technical role
- This position requires the lawful ability to access technical data, information, and areas controlled by United States export control laws and regulations.
- Willing to learn non-routine clean room processing and work in a clean room for extended periods of time.
- Able to adjust to changing priorities and schedules
- Able to follow verbal and written work instructions
- Able to coordinate several tasks in multiple areas
- Self-motivated to complete tasks and find new ones in a timely fashion
- Able to document work using existing databases
- Able to demonstrate and communicate complex work instructions, observe performance to specification, provide required feedback to assure knowledge is transferred.
- Must have computer skills – able to navigate through directories/folders and use MS office applications
- Able to perform microscopic inspections for extended periods
- Ability to work independently and as a part of a larger team of technicians and operators
- Good communication skills, both written and oral
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment, have a flexible work schedule and the ability to work overtime on short notice
- BS degree in a relevant Engineering or Science Degree
- 3+ years experience in a high-volume manufacturing environment, preferably semiconductor
This role may require additional duties and/or assignments as designated by management.
At Cree | Wolfspeed, we’ve spent more than 30 years developing industry firsts as a leader in wide bandgap semiconductor technology. Not familiar with all of our products? That is because we are a part of the invisible revolution; if we do our job right you will never know we were there. Our products make impossible possible like our LEDs that power cities to our Silicon Carbide (SiC) and Gallium Nitride (GaN) components that power electric vehicles, solar energy, telecommunications and industrial, military and aerospace solutions.
We believe in enabling the world to do more with less. That’s why we encourage each other to think unconventionally, take ownership and solve real problems. Interested in a career at Cree | Wolfspeed? We want to meet you. Submit your application now.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Back to top