Semiconductor Industry CAD Specialist
We currently have a job vacancy for a CAD Specialist, as part of our Wolfspeed Power and RF business division.
*Please note that while AutoCAD experience may be helpful skills to have, this is not an AutoCAD role. Please continue reading below for more details.
As a Semiconductor Industry CAD Specialist with the Wolfspeed Power and RF business division, you will be part of a rapidly growing business in the semiconductor industry where the speed of our growth has increased our demand for CAD services. In this role, you will be performing all functions related to the CAD layout of multi-level circuits and devices to support our in-house semiconductor manufacturing.
This position will give you the opportunity to:
- Work at the leading Wide Bandgap Power & RF Semiconductor company
- Work on leading edge devices and technologies
- Have ownership of projects from beginning to end
- Expand your skill set in the CAD arena by developing Design Rule Checking algorithms, auto-layout routines and other advanced functions
What can you do for Cree?
- Perform CAD layout of multi-level circuits and devices to support semiconductor manufacturing
- Work with device scientists, circuit designers and process engineers to support all CAD & photolithography mask needs
- Generate coded scripts to perform Boolean operations, perform design rule checking and other automated functions
- Create manufacturing instruction documents used throughout the manufacturing process in support of the release of each new design
- Perform technical ordering & procurement of photomasks
- Maintain detailed CAD database record keeping
What you need for success:
- Minimum of either Associate degree in a technical field
- OR 4 years of Military experience in a technical field
- OR at least 5 years of experience with semiconductor CAD work.
- Extreme attention to detail for manual layout work
- Candidate shall be a US Citizen or Green Card holder
Highly preferred skills and certifications:
- Experience with CAD for semiconductor industry
- 2 years of experience with photolithography
- 2 years of experience with DW2000 CAD software (or other similar tools used for RF design such as Cadence or Tanner L-Edit)
- Computer Science / coding skills
Key Words for Search: CAD, DW2000, Tanner L-Edit, Cadence, RF design, IC design, semiconductor, photolithography, photomask, reticle
Similar job titles: CAD Specialist, RF Design Technician/Specialist, Reticle Technician, Photomask Technician, Layout Design Technician/Specialist, Power Device Design Tech
Since our beginning 30 years ago, we have introduced innovative and disruptive solutions that enable a more efficient, productive and safer world. We continue our leadership in developing market-leading lighting-class LEDs, lighting products and semiconductor products for power and radio frequency (RF) applications. We believe in unlocking the power and potential of technology, enabling the world to do more with less. We aim to transform the way people experience light and are also leading the innovation of Power/RF products that move us toward a more energy efficient future.
Be part of our future and have a direct impact while working for an organization that provides a place to work alongside brilliant people, a competitive total rewards package, and a problem solving culture. We invite you to submit an application if you feel we would be a good fit.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of Cree's Employees
Director of Advanced Technology
John leads a team of diverse engineers creating the next generation of LED lighting products. His focus is intelligent lighting systems and innovative advancements for current technologies.
Back to top