Sales Manager (Materials)
The Sales Manager will work within the field sales and marketing organization to drive new business opportunities by targeted region and strategic account territory with a goal of rapid business expansion. He / She will provide customer input and commercial voice for product marketing and the operating groups to drive leading responsiveness to a global customer base. Leverages technical application expertise, sales analytics tools, product introduction initiatives and market programs to identify and drive growth opportunities as a member of field sales.
- Actively manage key growth segment territories/accounts with purpose to expand sales activity through new opportunity development.
- Assist to drive and close business opportunities in conjunction with field sales and channel partners such as assigned agent/distributor groups.
- Generate and maintain a key sales metrics dashboard including tracking quotations and key pipeline activities.
- Assist in identification and planning of industry relevant events such as tradeshows, technical conferences and customer events on a global scale.
- Maintain and update relevant market data, website information and competitive intelligence.
- Provide technical support as warranted by the customer to assist design-in developments or resolving technical issues.
- This role will include communication, quotation and price coordination, order approval, coordination of strategic business discussions and relationship building.
- Manage key customer and Cree data portal activity.
- Demonstrated sales, business development, or product management skills in a technical product area.
- Minimum of 5-7 years experience within a technical business field
- Excellent computer skills to effectively track leads, and to prepare sales data and forecasts. Proficiency in Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, CRM and forecasting tools.
- Effective communication skills both externally and internally to develop strong relations with customers, partners, peers and Cree marketing and operational teams.
- Strong attention to detail while effectively managing time and multiple priorities
- Able to develop and translate strategic direction into meaningful tactical action plans
- Ability and desire to grow into increased roles and responsibilities in field sales and marketing
- Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering or Material Science, strong technical aptitude
- Experience in semiconductor or electronics industry in a commercial role (sales/marketing, product engineer, applications, etc.)
- Practical use and implementation of Salesforce.com
- Planning and forecast skills with knowledge of account development strategies.
- Work well in a dynamic, fast changing environment that requires a high degree of multi-tasking with minimum supervision
Since our beginning 30 years ago, we have introduced innovative and disruptive solutions that enable a more efficient, productive and safer world. We continue our leadership in developing market-leading lighting-class LEDs, lighting products and semiconductor products for power and radio frequency (RF) applications. We believe in unlocking the power and potential of technology, enabling the world to do more with less. We aim to transform the way people experience light and are also leading the innovation of Power/RF products that move us toward a more energy efficient future.
Be part of our future and have a direct impact while working for an organization that provides a place to work alongside brilliant people, a competitive total rewards package, and a problem solving culture. We invite you to submit an application if you feel we would be a good fit.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of Cree's Employees
Process Engineer, Wolfspeed
Nathan ensures that Cree and its customers are set up for success by implementing efficient processes that allow new features and issue resolutions to be created quickly.
Back to top