Sales Account Manager
The Sales Account Manager (West Coast) - SiC High Power Products will be remote-based in California to cover western US and Canadian customers. The primary goal is develop and manage the growing revenue stream of Wolfspeed SiC Power products to West Coast customers.
Successful job execution requires excellence in the total selling process of silicon carbide (SiC) components: from direct sales lead generation, territorial management, technical sales capabilities, customer account management, distribution management and engaging the transfer of business to other countries.
Superior complex selling skills in an industrial electronics and power components environment are also expected. The successful Sales Manager must be able to directly support customers with their questions on product specifications, product selection, reliability and quality data, and sell the system value of SiC. Customer organization size and complexity may vary from Fortune 500 companies down to small start ups. This position will be responsible for customer relationship management for all Cree Power products, but will also require close collaboration with business unit product management/engineering personnel, applications personnel, production and manufacturing staff, and customer service groups.
- Meet and exceed Wolfspeed assigned revenue growth targets.
- Provide quarterly revenue forecast with accuracy and analytical details.
- Develop territorial and account plans to support revenue targets and consistent with the business unit strategies.
- Operate remotely with responsibility for assigned customer base. Must be self-motivated and able to manage various activities with minimal supervision.
- Establish strong business relationships with all relevant functional groups within customer organizations through frequent trips and teleconferences. Although primary focus will be on engineers and executives responsible for new product design, support of production, manufacturing, quality, and customer service functions within customer organizations are also essential to growing and sustaining a long-term sales stream.
- Access new business opportunities and present Wolfspeed Value Proposition to create added value for the customers and positions an advantage against our competitors.
- Manage distributors and representatives to ensure sales objectives are achieved. This will include identifying potential partners and continually evaluating existing partners’ effectiveness/performance to meet their sales objectives.
- Provide basic technical support as warranted by the customer to assist design-in developments or resolving quality inquiries.
- Provide competitive market information to management to help drive the direction of product marketing and development.
- Propose new product opportunities to core business teams based on customer needs, timing, and compliance with Wolfspeed core competencies, competitive intensity and general segment attractiveness. Solicit feedback on technical roadblocks to achieve design wins.
- Maintain customer contacts and profiles.
- Identify the SAM, TAM at focus customers.
- Discover and qualify opportunities. Move the opportunities through the design pipeline. Support the customer from sample to prototype to debug and into production.
- Prioritize focus customers and opportunities to convert into significant revenue contributors.
- New customer prospecting to increase market penetration for existing applications.
- Business development on emerging applications, identify market leaders, identify value proposition and business drivers for using Power products.
- Excellent presentation and written communication skills,
- Demonstrated active listening skills,
- Demonstrated systematic approach to managing personal sales process and documenting customer situations.
- Strong negotiating skills; Strong problem solving skills; Positive and creative attitude.
- Ability to gain trust and respect from customers’ managerial and technical teams.
- Demonstrated ability to work with and influence senior management within employer and customer organizations, teamwork internally and externally.
- Self-motivator with sound judgement and strong drive to achieve business objectives.
- BSEE or equivalent technical degree to provide some technical support to customers and to perceive technical questions and situations.
- 3-5 Years semiconductor selling experience, with a power products specialty.
- Computer skills - Outlook, Excel, Internet Research, and PowerPoint.
- 5-10 Years semiconductor selling experience, with a SiC Power specialty highly preferred but we wil consider candidates with other power products experience.
- Demonstrated history of selling $15M or more business-level agreements into power supply applications.
- Knowledge of marketing strategies and tactics, basic market research techniques, product demonstration, and sales techniques
- Extensive travel experience with remote territorial management.
At Cree, we’re always on. We believe that meaningful change happens through sheer force of will and the determination of a team solving a problem, and we’re unafraid to kick down the door to make it happen. That’s how we inspired the LED revolution and continue to create brilliantly affordable, radically simple, uncompromisingly efficient solutions that transform the way we experience light. From inventing America’s best-selling light bulb to commercializing the brightest lighting-class LEDs, our vision isn’t just to cultivate a thriving business – it’s to better the world. And we don’t take no for an answer.
Be part of what’s next. Join our growing multi-billion dollar start-up, named a 2014 MIT Technology Review “50 Smartest Company,” to revolutionize energy efficiency and transform the way we experience light.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of Cree's Employees
Manager, Sustaining Engineering
Katrina pushes lighting technology forward by managing the engineers who assemble the inner workings of the Cree LED Bulb. She also looks at data to brainstorm ways to make the brightest LED components possible.
Back to top