RF/Microwave Advanced Development PA Design Engineer
Wolfspeed (Cree's Power & RF division) is one of the world's leading suppliers of gallium nitride (GaN) and LDMOS devices for RF communications, radar and electronic warfare. Our business is growing rapidly and is in need of a RF/Microwave Advanced Development Power Amplifier Design Engineer for our RF product development team. The primary focus of this role is advanced design and development of innovative GaN based RADAR, EW, Milcom and Satcom devices and amplifiers.
At Wolfspeed, you will:
- Explore the advanced design of GaN high power transistors and amplifiers.
- Continue the acceleration of GaN adoption across the wireless frequency spectrum.
- Experience both depth and breadth – high power, high frequency, high efficiency, linearity, quick turn, test, characterization, production.
- Understand how what you do contributes to the bottom line of the organization.
- Be a part of a strong technical team that values agility, contribution, and enjoying work
What can you do for Wolfspeed?
- Design of discrete, hybrid, and MMIC based packaged transistors and 50-ohm in/out high power amplifiers.
- Creation of custom electrical models of passive package parasitics and matching components such as alumina substrates, bondwire arrays, and high dielectric matching capacitors using industry standard 2.5D MoM and 3D FEM simulators.
- Device testing and characterization including s-parameter, large signal, load-pull, stability over temperature and VSWR, as well as market specific measurements on a per-product basis such as modulated signal measurements.
- Multistage circuit design and layouts based on existing designs
What you need for success:
- B.S.E.E. or equivalent experience
- 5 years microwave circuit design experience with at least 3 years on GaAs or GaN hybrid and MMIC power amplifiers
- Working experience with industry standard non-linear circuit simulators ADS and MWO and electromagnetic modeling software (e.g. HFSS or equivalent)
- Working experience with microwave test equipment (e.g. Agilent VNAs) and standard device characterization/de-embedding techniques
- Demonstrated ability to work within schedule constraints
- Excellent communication and team skills
- US Citizen or green card holder
Highly preferred skills and certifications:
- M.S.E.E. or equivalent experience
- 7 years microwave circuit design experience with at least 5 years on GaAs or GaN hybrid and MMIC power amplifiers
- Experienced user of AWR and ADS non-linear circuit simulators
- Experienced user of Axiem and HFSS electromagnetic modeling software
- Experienced user of microwave test equipment
- Experience with standard device characterization/de-embedding techniques
At Cree, we’ve spent more than 30 years developing industry firsts as a leader in wide bandgap semiconductor technology. Not familiar with all of our products? That is because we are a part of the invisible revolution; if we do our job right you will never know we were there. Our products make impossible possible like our LEDs that power cities to our Silicon Carbide (SiC) and Gallium Nitride (GaN) components that power electric vehicles, solar energy, telecommunications and industrial, military and aerospace solutions.
We believe in enabling the world to do more with less. That’s why we encourage each other to think unconventionally, take ownership and solve real problems. Interested in a career at Cree? We want to meet you. Submit your application now.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Back to top