RF Test Engineer
The RF Test Engineer will be responsible for developing, sustaining and improving RF Amplifier and DC test systems (software and hardware). Test Systems include on wafer RF/DC probing and RF packages.
What can Wolfspeed do for you?
- The opportunity to work for a technical leader SiC Power and GaN RF solutions
- Our company has a broad portfolio in growing markets, which provides good opportunities for career growth and experience
- Developing and maintaining RF testing of new product designs and new technologies which will advance your knowledge and experience
- This role will provide the opportunity to be hands-on with regard to technical challenges
- Work with elite group of Design Engineers, Product Engineers and RF Test Engineers
What can you do for Wolfspeed?
- Primary responsibility is to develop, sustain and improve RF and DC test systems.
- Diagnose problems and implement corrective actions for test systems.
- Maintain calibrated test systems and consumables (including backups) to minimize tool down time.
- Apply knowledge of object oriented design and good software practices to develop and validate robust production test software.
- Generate and maintain complete process documentation, procedures and capacity models for test systems.
- Support offshore contract manufacturer in the sustainment of RF packaging operations.
- Design and execute software and hardware improvements to increase measurement accuracy, throughput and yields
- Utilize statistical process control (SPC) methods to monitor integrity of test systems.
- Ensure the accuracy and completeness of test data and draw conclusions from it.
- Facilitate training and certification of production personnel operating test systems.
- Collaborate with other software engineers maintaining a robust process for software verification and control.
- Generate equipment requirements for capital purchase in line with the new product roadmap and bring those tools on-line within the project schedule.
- Work with product development group on test strategies that minimize wafer probe requirements while maintaining product integrity to specifications.
What you need for success:
- Candidate must be a US Citizen or Green Card holder.
- Bachelor's Degree in electrical, computer engineering, or other related field (e.g. physics).
- Minimum 3 years of experience in RF Amplifier measurements and technical support in production volume manufacturing environment
- Software development and debugging experience.
- 2 or more years of experience with VB6, VB.NET, or C#.NET.
- Hands-on experience automating RF test equipment such as signal generators, power meters, spectrum analyzers and network analyzers
- Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot RF systems utilizing circuit schematics and other technical documentation.
- Basic knowledge of SPC and experimental design.
- High energy, self motivated attitude with strong communication skills and an ability to interface effectively with different backgrounds and at every level of the organization.
- Strong attention to detail while effectively managing time.
- Must have excellent English communication skills.
Highly preferred skills and certifications:
- Object-oriented software development and debugging experience.
- Experience measuring RF FET and amplifier performance.
- Knowledge of semiconductor wafer-level manufacturing and test.
- Proficient with MS Excel and MS Access databases.
- Experience with SQL Queries, including Join.
- Extensive data analysis skills (Access, JMP, Matlab, etc.).
- Extensive experience with SPC and experimental design.
- Experience with compound semiconductor FET concepts and technologies.
- In-depth technical knowledge of semiconductor wafer probing equipment.
At Cree, we’ve spent more than 30 years developing industry firsts as a leader in wide bandgap semiconductor technology. Not familiar with all of our products? That is because we are a part of the invisible revolution; if we do our job right you will never know we were there. Our products make impossible possible like our LEDs that power cities to our Silicon Carbide (SiC) and Gallium Nitride (GaN) components that power electric vehicles, solar energy, telecommunications and industrial, military and aerospace solutions.
We believe in enabling the world to do more with less. That’s why we encourage each other to think unconventionally, take ownership and solve real problems. Interested in a career at Cree? We want to meet you. Submit your application now.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of Cree's Employees
Process Engineer, Wolfspeed
Nathan ensures that Cree and its customers are set up for success by implementing efficient processes that allow new features and issue resolutions to be created quickly.
Back to top