RF Test Engineer
The RF Test Engineer will be responsible for developing, sustaining and improving RF Amplifier and DC test systems (software and hardware). Test Systems include on wafer RF/DC probing and RF packages. International travel required.
What can Wolfspeed do for you?
- The opportunity to work for a technical leader SiC Power and GaN RF solutions
- Our company has a broad portfolio in growing markets, which provides good opportunities for career growth and experience
- Developing and maintaining RF testing of new product designs and new technologies which will advance your knowledge and experience
- This role will provide the opportunity to be hands-on with regard to technical challenges
- Work with elite group of Design Engineers, Product Engineers and RF Test Engineers
What can you do for Wolfspeed?
- Primary responsibility is to develop, sustain and improve RF and DC test systems.
- Diagnose problems and implement corrective actions for test systems.
- Maintain calibrated test systems and consumables (including backups) to minimize tool down time.
- Apply knowledge of object oriented design and good software practices to develop and validate robust production test software.
- Generate and maintain complete process documentation, procedures and capacity models for test systems.
- Support offshore contract manufacturer in the sustainment of RF packaging operations.
- International travel support (up to 50%).
- Design and execute software and hardware improvements to increase measurement accuracy, throughput and yields
- Utilize statistical process control (SPC) methods to monitor integrity of test systems.
- Ensure the accuracy and completeness of test data and draw conclusions from it.
- Facilitate training and certification of production personnel operating test systems.
- Collaborate with other software engineers maintaining a robust process for software verification and control.
- Generate equipment requirements for capital purchase in line with the new product roadmap and bring those tools on-line within the project schedule.
- Work with product development group on test strategies that minimize wafer probe requirements while maintaining product integrity to specifications.
What you need for success:
- Candidate must be a US Citizen or Green Card holder.
- Bachelor's Degree in electrical, computer engineering, or other related field (e.g. physics).
- Minimum 2 years of experience in RF Amplifier measurements.
- Software development and debugging experience.
- 2 or more years of experience with VB6, VB.NET, or C#.NET.
- Hands-on experience automating RF test equipment such as signal generators, power meters, spectrum analyzers and network analyzers.
- Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot RF systems utilizing circuit schematics and other technical documentation.
- Basic knowledge of SPC and experimental design.
- High energy, self motivated attitude with strong communication skills and an ability to interface effectively with different backgrounds and at every level of the organization.
- Strong attention to detail while effectively managing time.
- Must have excellent English communication skills.
Highly preferred skills and certifications:
- Object-oriented software development and debugging experience.
- Experience measuring RF FET and amplifier performance.
- Knowledge of semiconductor wafer-level manufacturing and test.
- Proficient with MS Excel and MS Access databases.
- Experience with SQL Queries, including Join.
- Extensive data analysis skills (Access, JMP, Matlab, etc.).
- Extensive experience with SPC and experimental design.
- Experience with compound semiconductor FET concepts and technologies.
- In-depth technical knowledge of semiconductor wafer probing equipment.
At Cree, we’re always on. We believe that meaningful change happens through sheer force of will and the determination of a team solving a problem, and we’re unafraid to kick down the door to make it happen. That’s how we inspired the LED revolution and continue to create brilliantly affordable, radically simple, uncompromisingly efficient solutions that transform the way we experience light. From inventing America’s best-selling light bulb to commercializing the brightest lighting-class LEDs, our vision isn’t just to cultivate a thriving business – it’s to better the world. And we don’t take no for an answer. Be part of what’s next. Join our growing multi-billion dollar start-up, named a 2014 MIT Technology Review “50 Smartest Company,” to revolutionize energy efficiency and transform the way we experience light. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Back to top