RF Device Modeling Engineer
Seeking a highly motivated candidate to work as a Device Modeling Engineer in Wolfspeed’s RF Device Modeling team. This person will be responsible for device modeling of GaN/AlGaN HEMTs for RF applications, and integration in Wolfspeed’s foundry PDKs.
- Work closely with modeling, design, and device development engineers to support PDK and internal design groups with data acquisition.
- Design test structures for device characterization and model evaluation.
- Create test plan and perform data analysis to identify valid data for modeling purpose.
- Model extraction and PDK development support for internal designers and external foundry customers.
- Generate modeling report for internal model design review and external customers.
- Maintain model extraction infrastructure, including model extraction flow development and data analysis.
- Minimum M.S in electrical engineer or related field
- Hands on experience of performing IV, S parameters, Loadpull measurement
- Familiar with CAD design software, ADS, AWR and modeling extraction tools, i.e. ICCAP, AMCAD…
- Familiar with calibration techniques for high frequency and large signal, i.e. SOLT, TRL, LRM, power/phase cal…
- Self motivated and is able to work independently with minimum supervision.
- Strong interpersonal and professional relationship skills.
- Strong organization skills.
- US Citizen or green card holder
- Ph.D in electrical engineering with work in a related field.
- 2-5 years of device modeling experience, esp GaN HEMT related is preferred.
- Expertise in III-V device characterization, parameter extraction, and in depth knowledge of device physics, processing, measurements, modeling and simulation.
- Related experience of working within semiconductor device characterization environment.
- Related RF design experience with MMIC or discrete devices.
Since our beginning 30 years ago, we have introduced innovative and disruptive solutions that enable a more efficient, productive and safer world. We continue our leadership in developing market-leading lighting-class LEDs, lighting products and semiconductor products for power and radio frequency (RF) applications. We believe in unlocking the power and potential of technology, enabling the world to do more with less. We aim to transform the way people experience light and are also leading the innovation of Power/RF products that move us toward a more energy efficient future.
Be part of our future and have a direct impact while working for an organization that provides a place to work alongside brilliant people, a competitive total rewards package, and a problem solving culture. We invite you to submit an application if you feel we would be a good fit.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of Cree's Employees
Process Engineer, Wolfspeed
Nathan ensures that Cree and its customers are set up for success by implementing efficient processes that allow new features and issue resolutions to be created quickly.
Back to top