Research Scientist - Machine Learning
Wolfspeed, A Cree Company, is seeking a Machine Learning Systems Scientist to perform research and development on computer vision and data driven systems for Silicon Carbide substrate material and their associated process inputs as well as subsequent metrologies for supporting materials substrate production.
What can Wolfspeed do for you?
- Wolfspeed is a fast-paced environment, in which we are leading development in the next generation of electronic devices and the materials that support them.
- You will work with truly unique datasets to solve problems that have an impact on global energy consumption and environmental preservation, while providing our customers with best-in-class technology that improves their bottom line.
- You will have the opportunity of working with a massively cross-disciplinary group encompassing almost all physical sciences, which can be leveraged to accomplish your goals.
- You will have access to professional and technical growth opportunities in the rapidly expanding Silicon Carbide Power Semiconductor market.
What can you do for Wolfspeed?
- Design machine learning systems, datasets and analytics to aid in interpretation of manufacturing results and define future directions for process development.
- Design computer vision architectures to extract numerical data from images that can interface with machine learning systems
- Build support interfaces to integrate manufacturing and research data into information processing systems
- Collaborate with Research and Development groups to disseminate information for critical manufacturing decisions, as well as to rapidly integrate new measurements into the decision-making path
- Integrate multiple disparate data sources into a single container for informatics
- Design, build and support databases and analytic capabilities for R&D developed processes
- Be a liaison between the Materials R&D group and Cree IT to accelerate software and hardware decisions, as well as purchasing equipment to support computational efforts
What you need for success:
- PhD or MS with equivalent years of industry experience in programming, databases and software integration
- Physical Sciences/ Engineering/ Mathematics degree preferred, with strong background in Computer Science/ Engineering
- Python development skills
- Demonstrated experience with convolutional neural networks and modern machine learning methods
- Experience with machine vision or image processing algorithms
- Good verbal, written and personal communication skills
Highly preferred skills and certifications:
- 5 years of experience in programming, databases and software integration
- Advanced computer programming experience, with abilities in systems design, C++, C#, .NET, SQL preferred, open source software and builds
- Experience in Big Data tools and analysis
- Experience in industrial machine vision systems
- Up to date knowledge of high performance computing systems, parallel processing and GPU computing
- Experience with integration of hardware and software systems
- Adept with the use of statistical methods and programs (for example, Matlab SPSS or JMP) of data analysis to uncover small but significant trends in key parameters
- Comfortable making presentations to large groups when needed
- Experience in Finite Element Analysis modeling and simulation.
Since our beginning 30 years ago, we have introduced innovative and disruptive solutions that enable a more efficient, productive and safer world. We continue our leadership in developing market-leading lighting-class LEDs, lighting products and semiconductor products for power and radio frequency (RF) applications. We believe in unlocking the power and potential of technology, enabling the world to do more with less. We aim to transform the way people experience light and are also leading the innovation of Power/RF products that move us toward a more energy efficient future.
Be part of our future and have a direct impact while working for an organization that provides a place to work alongside brilliant people, a competitive total rewards package, and a problem solving culture. We invite you to submit an application if you feel we would be a good fit.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Back to top