Research Scientist - LED Products
We currently have an opening for a Research Scientist within our LED Products group in Raleigh/Durham, NC. We hope you’ll read on to see if you have what it takes to join the revolution.
As a member of the Cree R&D team, you will support Cree’s leadership in a wide variety of LED products. You will be responsible for the development, design, and manufacture of turn-key LED solutions for customers. You will gain an understanding of and adhere to UL, Energy Star, and other certification requirements.
What can Cree do for you?
- This role will allow you to work in a cross functional role within our LED Products R&D group
- You will have the opportunity to gain diversified development experience working on multiple projects
- Ability to directly work and assist in developing our next generation of LED products
- Potential for upward mobility in a thriving organization
- High visibility role
What can you do for Cree?
In this role you will perform a diverse mixture of activities and will have the ability to focus intensely on one effort without neglecting others. This will require weekend work and availability at any time for problem solving. As a member of the LED R&D team, you are expected to learn and adapt to other functions as needed and support production as well as design. For example, the company may require assistance with production or R&D electronics equipment as well.
The successful candidate will be a resourceful, hands-on, problem solver with the capacity to quickly grasp and resolve a wide range of technical problems while managing one or more development efforts.
What you need for success:
- PhD in Electrical Engineering, Applied Physics, Materials Science & Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Chemistry, Physics or other relevant technical major. New or recent graduates are encouraged to apply.
- 1-5 years manufacturing industry experience required.
- Strong hands-on based aptitude is required.
- Self-starter, able to manage projects with minimal guidance.
- Have a ‘whatever-it-takes’ attitude.
- Thrive in a high-pressure, deadline-oriented atmosphere.
- Compound semiconductor processing experience, particularly optoelectronic materials
- Efficient use of Data analysis tools such as JMP, Excel, and VBA
- Strong working knowledge of SPC and DOE principles and methods
- Experience with databases and data analysis tools (SQL, Access, JMP, Excel, etc.)
Since our beginning 30 years ago, we have introduced innovative and disruptive solutions that enable a more efficient, productive and safer world. We continue our leadership in developing market-leading lighting-class LEDs, lighting products and semiconductor products for power and radio frequency (RF) applications. We believe in unlocking the power and potential of technology, enabling the world to do more with less. We aim to transform the way people experience light and are also leading the innovation of Power/RF products that move us toward a more energy efficient future.
Be part of our future and have a direct impact while working for an organization that provides a place to work alongside brilliant people, a competitive total rewards package, and a problem solving culture. We invite you to submit an application if you feel we would be a good fit.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of Cree's Employees
Process Engineer, Wolfspeed
Nathan ensures that Cree and its customers are set up for success by implementing efficient processes that allow new features and issue resolutions to be created quickly.
Back to top