Research Scientist - GaN HEMT Device
We currently have a need for a Research Scientist for our GaN HEMT devices. This vacancy is part of our Power & RF group located at our Research Triangle Park facility in Durham, NC.
This will be a technical lead on efforts to develop the Cree GaN HEMT technology for a Telecom Market Segment. The position will entail all aspects of developing the technology for these purposes including RF circuit design, MMIC/device process development and measurement.
- Develop GaN HEMT S-, C-, Ku-band and MMW device and MMIC technology for improved telecom performance.
- Develop detailed process travelers and inspect wafers through the fabrication process.
- Prepare scientific and technical proposals for securing funding from various Government funding agencies.
- Make technical presentations. Be able to travel.
- Coordinate with team of scientists, engineers, and technicians to develop fabrication processes for Ku-band and MMW devices and MMICs.
- PhD in Electrical Engineering, Materials Science, or related field is required.
- Extensive experience in III-V or GaN-related microwave device development.
- Previous hands-on experience with physical device modeling techniques.
- US Citizen or Green Card Holder (incumbent subject to US Government screening for Department of Defense Security Clearance).
- 5+ years experience in design and fabrication of RF microwave and MMW devices, particularly those requiring e-beam lithography.
- RF measurement experience at Ku-band and MMW frequencies a strong plus.
- RF circuit design background a strong plus.
- Be willing to perform tasks outside of normal job duties and past experience.
- Current Department of Defense Security Clearance.
At Cree, we’re a little obsessed. We’re fascinated by how things work and how we can make them work better. Our products enable systems that are more powerful and efficient than previously thought possible, because we’re constantly looking for ways to push past the limits of today’s technology.
Our devices are built on silicon carbide, a material that has vastly expanded the capabilities of electronic components. Our power division is the world’s leading manufacturer of silicon-carbide Schottky diodes and MOSFETs for efficient power conversion. These devices provide increased efficiency, higher switching frequency and reduced system size and weight in a variety of applications, including power supplies and solar inverters.
Our RF division is a proven leader in high performance and reliable gallium-nitride components for wireless amplifiers. We fabricate transistors and MMICs that drastically reduce overall energy consumption. Our wide-band, RF-operating semiconductors enable enhanced performance while reducing the number of required amplifiers. Our RF group supports several applications including wireless infrastructure, RADAR and defense technologies.
Be part of what’s next. Join our growing multi-billion dollar start-up, named a 2014 MIT Technology Review “50 Smartest Company,” to revolutionize energy efficiency and transform the way we experience light.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Back to top