Research Scientist - GaN HEMT Device
We currently have a need for a Research Scientist for our GaN HEMT devices. This vacancy is part of our Power & RF group located at our Research Triangle Park facility in Durham, NC.
This will be a technical lead on efforts to develop the Cree GaN HEMT technology for a Telecom Market Segment. The position will entail all aspects of developing the technology for these purposes including RF circuit design, MMIC/device process development and measurement.
- Develop GaN HEMT S-, C-, Ku-band and MMW device and MMIC technology for improved telecom performance.
- Develop detailed process travelers and inspect wafers through the fabrication process.
- Prepare scientific and technical proposals for securing funding from various Government funding agencies.
- Make technical presentations. Be able to travel.
- Coordinate with team of scientists, engineers, and technicians to develop fabrication processes for Ku-band and MMW devices and MMICs.
- PhD in Electrical Engineering, Materials Science, or related field is required.
- Extensive experience in III-V or GaN-related microwave device development.
- Previous hands-on experience with physical device modeling techniques.
- US Citizen or Green Card Holder (incumbent subject to US Government screening for Department of Defense Security Clearance).
- 5+ years experience in design and fabrication of RF microwave and MMW devices, particularly those requiring e-beam lithography.
- RF measurement experience at Ku-band and MMW frequencies a strong plus.
- RF circuit design background a strong plus.
- Be willing to perform tasks outside of normal job duties and past experience.
- Current Department of Defense Security Clearance.
Since our beginning 30 years ago, we have introduced innovative and disruptive solutions that enable a more efficient, productive and safer world. We continue our leadership in developing market-leading lighting-class LEDs, lighting products and semiconductor products for power and radio frequency (RF) applications. We believe in unlocking the power and potential of technology, enabling the world to do more with less. We aim to transform the way people experience light and are also leading the innovation of Power/RF products that move us toward a more energy efficient future.
Be part of our future and have a direct impact while working for an organization that provides a place to work alongside brilliant people, a competitive total rewards package, and a problem solving culture. We invite you to submit an application if you feel we would be a good fit.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of Cree's Employees
Process Engineer, Wolfspeed
Nathan ensures that Cree and its customers are set up for success by implementing efficient processes that allow new features and issue resolutions to be created quickly.
Back to top