Research Scientist - Epi R&D
Wolfspeed (Cree’s Power & RF division) is seeking a Research Scientist to perform research and development in SiC and GaN epitaxial growth and their associated process inputs (particularly substrates) as well as subsequent epitaxial layer metrologies while supporting and performing Epitaxial layer production.
What can Wolfspeed do for you?
- Work with and learn from a broad experienced team of Wideband gap semiconductor technologists producing the World’s highest quality and volume of SiC and GaN epitaxial layers.
- Solve stimulating real-world problems that immediately effect quality and throughput of these layers enabling the development and production of advanced Power and RF devices.
- Be empowered to develop the next generation epitaxial tool sets to further increase quality and throughput while reducing cost.
- Work with other innovative specialists developing the next generation of metrologies and devices. Opportunities for future advancement.
What can you do for Wolfspeed?
- Support, guide and help schedule epitaxial layer production runs.
- Write and modify epitaxial growth recipes.
- Design, implement and monitor studies and improvements in epitaxial layer growth processes and hardware.
- Monitor day-to-day layer and equipment parameters from R&D and production epitaxial growth runs. Diagnose and repair equipment and processes in consultation with equipment and process engineers and technicians.
- Prepare reports and presentations for management, colleagues and customers (industrial and governmental).
- Contribute to external academic publications and presentations.
- Assist Material’s Sales department by providing data and problem solving.
- Train and mentor engineers, technicians, and operators in the proper operation of epitaxial growth and characterization equipment.
What you need for success:
- PhD or an equivalent advanced degree with 5 years or more work in the growth of SiC or GaN epitaxial layers.
- Able to work and assist as needed in a 24/7 work environment with a baseline Sunday-Thursday daily work schedule.
Highly preferred skills and certifications:
- Highly experienced with all aspects of commercial epitaxial growth equipment.
- Adept with the use of statistical methods and programs (for example ACCESS, EXCEL, JMP) of data analysis to uncover small but significant trends in key growth parameters.
- Good verbal, written and personal communication skills.
- Able to collaborate and reach consensus with other skilled professionals but also take direction when necessary.
- Comfortable making presentations to large groups when needed.
Since our beginning 30 years ago, we have introduced innovative and disruptive solutions that enable a more efficient, productive and safer world. We continue our leadership in developing market-leading lighting-class LEDs, lighting products and semiconductor products for power and radio frequency (RF) applications. We believe in unlocking the power and potential of technology, enabling the world to do more with less. We aim to transform the way people experience light and are also leading the innovation of Power/RF products that move us toward a more energy efficient future.
Be part of our future and have a direct impact while working for an organization that provides a place to work alongside brilliant people, a competitive total rewards package, and a problem solving culture. We invite you to submit an application if you feel we would be a good fit.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of Cree's Employees
Process Engineer, Wolfspeed
Nathan ensures that Cree and its customers are set up for success by implementing efficient processes that allow new features and issue resolutions to be created quickly.
Back to top