Cree’s Microwave R&D has an opening for Process and Device Scientist for RF device and MMIC technology development. This vacancy is part of our Power & RF business segment located at our Research Triangle Park facility in Durham, NC. This will be a technical lead on efforts to develop the Cree GaN HEMT technology for a Telecom Market Segment. The position will entail all aspects of developing the technology for these purposes including RF semiconductor device design, MMIC/device process development and measurement.
What can Wolfspeed do for you?
- We can offer an opportunity to enter into breakout field of wide-bandgap technologies for worldwide telecommunications market
- Technically challenging device and process development that can have high-impact to business growth
- Potential for high visibility in your field, working for the leader in wide-bandgap technology and manufacturing
What can you do for Wolfspeed?
- Develop GaN HEMT S-, C-, Ku-band and MMW device and MMIC technology for improved telecom performance.
- Develop advanced process flows, travelers and inspect wafers through the fabrication process.
- Prepare scientific and technical proposals for securing funding from various Government funding agencies.
- Make technical presentations. Be able to travel.
- Coordinate with team of scientists, engineers, and technicians to develop fabrication processes for Ku-band and MMW devices and MMICs.
What you need for success:
- PhD in Electrical Engineering, Materials Science, or related field is required.
- Extensive experience in III-V or GaN-related microwave device development.
- RF device design for linearity improvement.
- Previous hands-on experience with physical device modeling techniques.
- US Citizen or Green Card Holder (incumbent subject to US Government screening for Department of Defense Security Clearance).
Highly preferred skills and certifications:
- 5+ years experience in design and fabrication of RF microwave and MMW devices, particularly those requiring e-beam lithography.
- RF measurement experience at Ku-band and MMW frequencies a strong plus.
- RF circuit design background a strong plus.
- Current Department of Defense Security Clearance.
- Areas of competence should include Etch, Photolithography, Metal deposition, Diffusion, Wet Processing, Implant, NPI, DOE’s and backend processing.
- Ability to develop custom device testing methods: DC, Pulsed and RF.
- Familiar with the basics of databases and statistical process control.
- Software and programming background: VisualBasic, LabView, JMP scripting or other environments.
Since our beginning 30 years ago, we have introduced innovative and disruptive solutions that enable a more efficient, productive and safer world. We continue our leadership in developing market-leading lighting-class LEDs, lighting products and semiconductor products for power and radio frequency (RF) applications. We believe in unlocking the power and potential of technology, enabling the world to do more with less. We aim to transform the way people experience light and are also leading the innovation of Power/RF products that move us toward a more energy efficient future.
Be part of our future and have a direct impact while working for an organization that provides a place to work alongside brilliant people, a competitive total rewards package, and a problem solving culture. We invite you to submit an application if you feel we would be a good fit.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of Cree's Employees
Director of Advanced Technology
John leads a team of diverse engineers creating the next generation of LED lighting products. His focus is intelligent lighting systems and innovative advancements for current technologies.
Back to top