Reliability Engineering Technician
Department: LLS – Engineering Services
Shift: 1st (Tuesday-Saturday)
- The position will primarily be responsible for setting up and performing a range of environmental, optical, and electrical testing on lighting products and controls in support of the Engineering Services Reliability team. The technician will also be responsible for environmental chamber operation, laboratory test equipment operation, fabricating test fixtures and general lab maintenance.
- Prepare test samples for evaluation and testing purposes in accordance with company standards.
- Build test fixtures/equipment in order to demonstrate “real-world” scenarios for testing purposes.
- Daily testing and monitoring of lighting products and controls with special attention to detail and processes.
- Maintain technical logs, files/records, test results, and spare parts inventories.
- Identify and recommend improvements to technical and operational processes and procedures.
- Available for after-hours support.
- Perform other miscellaneous duties as required or requested from time to time.
- AS degree or EET or equivalent training in Electrical Engineering or other related technical field.
- Previous hands on experience as an Electrical and/or Electronics test technician preferred.
- Ability to read and understand circuit schematics.
- Good technical writing and communication skills required.
- Able to work on multiple tasks simultaneously in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong ability to analyze test data and communicate results within a team setting.
- Proficient with PC-based software tools (Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, JMP, etc.).
- Operate basic hand tools, shop tools and lab equipment.
- Attention to Safety
- BEHAVIORAL/VALUES CHARACTERISTICS:
- Strong personal work ethic with ‘Do Whatever It Takes’ attitude.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Self-starter, high energy, self motivated attitude with strong communication skills.
- Works independently while also operating in a team environment.
- Resourceful, hands-on, problem solving individual with initiative and drive to work around technical obstacles.
- Must be able and willing to fabricate components, assemble systems and prepare test samples/fixtures.
- Be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
Meet Some of Cree's Employees
Manager, Sustaining Engineering
Katrina pushes lighting technology forward by managing the engineers who assemble the inner workings of the Cree LED Bulb. She also looks at data to brainstorm ways to make the brightest LED components possible.
Back to top