Front Desk Receptionist
The Front Desk Receptionist staffs the front desk at the HR Talent Management Group main entrance for the Security and Emergency Operations team. The primary role is to staff the lobby, answer incoming phone calls, and provide assistance to employees and visitors associated with this campus location. The position is located in Durham, NC. This position is part of the Security and Emergency Operations team with major accountability to staff and visitors located in this campus building. This involves the answering and directing of high volume incoming phone calls to appropriate members of the HR Talent Management Group as well as providing assistance to employees and visitors.
- Professional answering and directing of all incoming phone calls to the main switchboard at a rate of approximately 30 calls per hour.
- Prompt and professional greeting of all employees, visitors, and guests entering the HR lobby entrance. Interface with external vendors and customers.
- Verify presence of CREE employee ID of persons entering building.
- Keep the beverage refrigerator stocked and monitor the supply inventory located in supply closet. This may include order management of supplies or general office management.
- Monitor CCTV to observe for suspicious activity using the desk monitor provided.
- Registering of visitors and guests using the access control software system provided.
- Provide general assistance and respond to requests by persons in the lobby and/or building.
- Manage the conference room calendar and schedule conference rooms as requested by others.
- When mail arrives, contact appropriate personnel to retrieve mail.
- Keep lobby desk area clean, organized, and professional at all times.
- Assist with requests from other administrative persons in the building such as requests for assistance from HR administrative assistants.
- Other administrative duties as assigned by the Security Manager or his/her direct reports including but not limited to providing back up administrative support to other areas of the company.
What You Need For Success:
- 3-5 years of successful experience in a senior level administrative support role.
- Knowledge or experience in security practices is helpful.
- Expertise in Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Has a demonstrated track record of quality support and high performance
- Will question current assumptions about the business conditions/model and offer solutions
- Strong work ethic, self-motivated and works with limited direction
- Outgoing/energetic demeanor
- Organized and resourceful
- Excellent communicator, collaborates well with others
- Multi-tasks effectively
- Possesses unquestionable integrity and ethics
Since our beginning 30 years ago, we have introduced innovative and disruptive solutions that enable a more efficient, productive and safer world. We continue our leadership in developing market-leading lighting-class LEDs, lighting products and semiconductor products for power and radio frequency (RF) applications. We believe in unlocking the power and potential of technology, enabling the world to do more with less. We aim to transform the way people experience light and are also leading the innovation of Power/RF products that move us toward a more energy efficient future.
Be part of our future and have a direct impact while working for an organization that provides a place to work alongside brilliant people, a competitive total rewards package, and a problem solving culture. We invite you to submit an application if you feel we would be a good fit.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Back to top