Cree is hiring for a Receptionist position in our Administrative Services division. This position is located at our Racine, WI location.
The Receptionist position staffs the front desk at the lighting office main entrance for the Security and Emergency Operations team. The primary role is to staff the lobby, answer incoming phone calls, and provide assistance to employees and visitors associated with this campus location.
This position is part of the Security and Emergency Operations team with major accountability to staff and visitors that enter the main entrance. This involves answering and directing of high volume incoming phone calls to CREE as well as providing assistance to all building employees, vendors, and visitors.
- Professional answering and directing of all incoming phone calls to the main switchboard at a rate of approximately 35-40 calls per hour.
- Prompt and professional greeting of all employees, visitors, and guests entering the building North Atrium entrance. Interface with external vendors and customers.
- Verify presence of CREE employee ID of persons entering building.
- Monitor and manage use of the CREE company vehicles. Ensure those wishing to use the vehicle are on the authorized user list and that the log form is properly completed.
- Monitor CCTV to observe for suspicious activity using the desk monitor provided.
- Registering of visitors and guests using the ‘Easy Lobby’ software system provided.
- Provide general assistance and respond to requests by persons in the lobby and/or building.
- Manage the conference room calendar and schedule conference rooms as requested by others.
- Keep lobby desk area clean, organized, and professional at all times.
- Assist with requests from other administrative persons in the building such as requests for assistance from the Executive Assistant to the VP of Lighting Operations.
- Other administrative duties as assigned by the Security Manager or his/her direct reports including but not limited to providing back up administrative support to other areas of the company.
- Updating the outlook employee look up and phone roster
What can Cree do for you?
- Provide an opportunity for professional growth and upward mobility
What can you do for Cree?
- Provide receptionist and administrative support for the front office
- Represent Cree to both employees and visitors in a positive and respectful manner
What you need for success
- High School Diploma (Some College Preferable)
- 1-3 years of successful experience in a senior level administrative support role.
- Knowledge or experience in security practices is helpful.
- Expertise in Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
Professional and Personal Traits
- Has a demonstrated track record of quality support and high performance
- Will question current assumptions about the business conditions/model and offer solutions
- Strong work ethic, self-motivated and works with limited direction
- Outgoing/energetic demeanor
- Organized and resourceful
- Excellent communicator, collaborates well with others
- Multi-tasks effectively
- Possesses unquestionable integrity and ethics
At Cree, we’re always on. We believe that meaningful change happens through sheer force of will and the determination of a team solving a problem, and we’re unafraid to kick down the door to make it happen. That’s how we inspired the LED revolution and continue to create brilliantly affordable, radically simple, uncompromisingly efficient solutions that transform the way we experience light. From inventing America’s best-selling light bulb to commercializing the brightest lighting-class LEDs, our vision isn’t just to cultivate a thriving business – it’s to better the world. And we don’t take no for an answer.
Be part of what’s next. Join our growing multi-billion dollar start-up, named a 2014 MIT Technology Review “50 Smartest Company,” to revolutionize energy efficiency and transform the way we experience light.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of Cree's Employees
Manager, Sustaining Engineering
Katrina pushes lighting technology forward by managing the engineers who assemble the inner workings of the Cree LED Bulb. She also looks at data to brainstorm ways to make the brightest LED components possible.
Back to top