R&D Research Scientist
Cree is looking to add a Research Scientist to our LED Products group in Raleigh/Durham, NC. As a member of the Cree R&D team, you will support Cree’s leadership in a wide variety of LED products. You will be responsible for the development, design, and manufacture of turn-key LED solutions for customers. You will gain an understanding of and adhere to UL, Energy Star, and other certification requirements.
What can Cree do for you?
- This role will allow you to work in a cross functional role within our LED Products R&D group
- You will have the opportunity to gain diversified development experience working on multiple projects
- Ability to directly work and assist in developing our next generation of LED products
- Potential for upward mobility in a thriving organization
- High visibility role
What can you do for Cree?
In this role you will perform a diverse mixture of activities and will have the ability to focus intensely on one effort without neglecting others. This will require weekend work and availability at any time for problem solving. As a member of the LED R&D team, you are expected to learn and adapt to other functions as needed and support production as well as design. For example, the company may require assistance with production or R&D electronics equipment as well.
The successful candidate will be a resourceful, hands-on, problem solver with the capacity to quickly grasp and resolve a wide range of technical problems while managing one or more development efforts. This position is open to candidates with no semiconductor or growth experience as well as to those who have demonstrated semiconductor processing ability.
What you need for success:
- PhD in Materials Science & Engineering, Applied Physics, Electrical Engineering, Physics, Chemical Engineering, Chemistry, or other relevant technical major.
- New or recent graduates are encouraged to apply.
- Strong hands-on based aptitude is required.
- Self-starter, able to manage projects with minimal guidance.
- Have a ‘whatever-it-takes’ attitude.
- Thrive in a high-pressure, deadline-oriented atmosphere.
- Compound semiconductor processing experience, particularly optoelectronic materials
- Efficient use of Data analysis tools such as JMP, Excel, and VBA
- Strong working knowledge of SPC and DOE principles and methods
- Experience with databases and data analysis tools (SQL, Access, JMP, Excel, etc.)
At Cree | Wolfspeed, we’ve spent more than 30 years developing industry firsts as a leader in wide bandgap semiconductor technology. Not familiar with all of our products? That is because we are a part of the invisible revolution; if we do our job right you will never know we were there. Our products make impossible possible like our LEDs that power cities to our Silicon Carbide (SiC) and Gallium Nitride (GaN) components that power electric vehicles, solar energy, telecommunications and industrial, military and aerospace solutions.
We believe in enabling the world to do more with less. That’s why we encourage each other to think unconventionally, take ownership and solve real problems. Interested in a career at Cree | Wolfspeed? We want to meet you. Submit your application now.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Back to top