Cree is searching for a Quality Technician in our Lighting division. The person in this position will measure sample products, verify custom tools, and write up problems as they are found. This position includes hand-on work with light fixtures and parts and interfaces with engineers, managers, and also databases.
What can Cree do for you?
- Experience technical engineering work in an innovative, fast-paced environment.
- Full time pay and a generous benefits package.
- Tuition reimbursement program for your continuing education.
- Opportunity for pay and responsibility growth into a position as an Engineer with Cree.
- Learn the skills of a quality auditor of both products and processes.
- Gain knowledge of International Standards such as ISO9001 and apply that knowledge.
Your Day-to-Day Job Responsibilities
- Verify the quality of Cree products via measurements and observations.
- Request, monitor and verify data for new custom-made tools for Cree parts.
- Apply statistical techniques to infer continued part and product quality.
- Write up formal Supplier Corrective Action Reports and Work Instructions.
- Use calipers, microscopes, electrical testers, and other measurement devices.
- Audit Cree production and support processes.
- Interface with many different disciplines and departments within the Cree organization.
- Track progress toward goals.
What you need for success
- Must have High School Diploma or GED.
- Must have previously worked a full-time job.
- Must have the ability to learn quickly and immediately apply what has been learned.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Capture, transfer and manipulate digital photographs.
- Can-do attitude, self-motivated.
You might also have
- Scored at least a “C” in college-level Calculus 1, Physics 1 and Chemistry 1 courses.
- Desire to seek a degree in Engineering and professional growth.
At Cree, we’re always on. We believe that meaningful change happens through sheer force of will and the determination of a team solving a problem, and we’re unafraid to kick down the door to make it happen. That’s how we inspired the LED revolution and continue to create brilliantly affordable, radically simple, uncompromisingly efficient solutions that transform the way we experience light. From inventing America’s best-selling light bulb to commercializing the brightest lighting-class LEDs, our vision isn’t just to cultivate a thriving business – it’s to better the world. And we don’t take no for an answer.
Be part of what’s next. Join our growing multi-billion dollar start-up, named a 2014 MIT Technology Review “50 Smartest Company,” to revolutionize energy efficiency and transform the way we experience light.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of Cree's Employees
Manager, Sustaining Engineering
Katrina pushes lighting technology forward by managing the engineers who assemble the inner workings of the Cree LED Bulb. She also looks at data to brainstorm ways to make the brightest LED components possible.
Back to top