Quality Inspector - Semiconductor Device (Morgan Hill, CA)
Are you looking for a new career that will reward and challenge you at the same time? We currently have immediate openings for Semiconductor QA Inspector in our Wolfspeed device Production Quality team in Morgan Hill, CA.
- Location: Morgan Hill, CA
- Shift: 3rd (10.30pm – 7.00am)
We are looking for individuals with a great work ethic, desire to learn, and someone looking to be part of a team built on integrity, honest, and trust. Successful candidates will be expected to learn quickly, apply knowledge, and must meet the requirements below.
A career as a Semiconductor QA Inspector offers:
- Paid vacation and holidays
- Health insurance benefits, 401(k), Employee Stock Purchase, paid vacation and holidays
- Safe work environment in a growing company and industry
- Predictable / Consistent work shifts
- Pay day every other Friday based on standard work schedule
- Available voluntary overtime, pre-approved by your supervisor
- Internal promotion opportunities!
- Performs a variety of functions related to quality inspection in the production of semiconductor devices
- Will perform the in-process (die attach and wire bond) inspection, and the final Tray and Tape & Real inspection, according to the inspection procedures
- May be responsible for performing inspection of the incoming raw materials, and light data entry
- Work in a clean room environment and wear personal protective equipment (PPE) including but not limited to eye protection, smock, gloves and other department specific equipment
- Conduct the visual inspection by using the microscope and magnification based on the failure catalog
- Will work 3rd shift (10.30pm – 7.00am) unless business needs dictate a need for day shift availability
- Push and/or lift up to 15 pounds frequently
- Experience demonstrating the visual inspection of semiconductor devices or electronic assembly
- Must be able to use the microscope and magnification
- Must be comfortable wearing personal protective equipment (i.e. clean-room suit)
- Comfortable working a clean-room setting
- Proven work history showing a strong work ethic and stability in previous positions
- Ability to sit or stand for 8 hours at a time with the flexibility to work night or day shift
- Basic computer and math skills
- Ability to lift up to 15 pounds
- Good communication skills - able to read, write and speak English to effectively communicate to others in verbal and written form
- No vision restrictions (may use appropriate corrective lenses)
- Ability to multi-task and approach tasks with detail-oriented manner
- Aptitude for handling repetitive tasks
- High school diploma or equivalent/GED
- 2 years vocational or technical college training or 2+ years on the job knowledge in a relevant field or industry
- Understanding basic technical drawings of raw materials or schematics is beneficial in the quality inspection process
Since our beginning 30 years ago, we have introduced innovative and disruptive solutions that enable a more efficient, productive and safer world. We continue our leadership in developing market-leading lighting-class LEDs, lighting products and semiconductor products for power and radio frequency (RF) applications. We believe in unlocking the power and potential of technology, enabling the world to do more with less. We aim to transform the way people experience light and are also leading the innovation of Power/RF products that move us toward a more energy efficient future.
Be part of our future and have a direct impact while working for an organization that provides a place to work alongside brilliant people, a competitive total rewards package, and a problem solving culture. We invite you to submit an application if you feel we would be a good fit.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of Cree's Employees
Process Engineer, Wolfspeed
Nathan ensures that Cree and its customers are set up for success by implementing efficient processes that allow new features and issue resolutions to be created quickly.
Back to top