Quality Assurance Engineer
Lighting is looking for a Quality Engineer who will participate and help lead the continual evaluation and improvement of the Lighting quality systems and culture to enable Cree to continue meet the needs and expectations of our customers in a rapidly growing market. This person may also be directly responsible for the effective management of certain quality system elements.
What can Cree do for you?
- Give you high visibility by collaborating with Lighting leadership to proactively evaluate business and quality process performance and risk to identify and prioritize opportunities for improvement.
- Lead cross functional business and quality process improvement initiatives to truly have an impact on Cree’s bottom line.
- You will get exposure to ALL aspects of the business and have an influence on business processes and decisions.
What can you do for Cree?
- Through audits and objective evaluations, ensure compliance and effectiveness of policies and procedures related to Quality System.
- As needed, directly manage key quality system elements.
- Ability to develop project and implementation plans as well as drive progress within and across departments to meet objectives according to the plan or defined timelines.
- Capable of working across and influencing at all organizational levels.
- Provide thorough knowledge of quality assurance methods and improvement tools.
What you need for success:
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field such as Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, and/or Industrial Engineering; and/or suitable work experience.
- 4 years of experience leading a Quality Systems function within a manufacturing environment.
- Broad knowledge of key business processes including NPI, Manufacturing, Customer Service, Product Reliability, Process Control and Change Management
- Experience with quality system development and improvement (ISO9001, TS16949, ISO17025)
- Project/Program management experience.
Highly preferred skills and certifications:
- Lighting manufacturing experience a plus.
- Preferred experience with Oracle ERP.
At Cree, we’re always on. We believe that meaningful change happens through sheer force of will and the determination of a team solving a problem, and we’re unafraid to kick down the door to make it happen. That’s how we inspired the LED revolution and continue to create brilliantly affordable, radically simple, uncompromisingly efficient solutions that transform the way we experience light. From inventing America’s best-selling light bulb to commercializing the brightest lighting-class LEDs, our vision isn’t just to cultivate a thriving business – it’s to better the world. And we don’t take no for an answer.
Be part of what’s next. Join our growing multi-billion dollar start-up, named a 2014 MIT Technology Review “50 Smartest Company,” to revolutionize energy efficiency and transform the way we experience light.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Back to top