Quality Assurance Engineer
Wolfspeed, the Power and RF arm of Cree, is looking for a self-motivated, hands-on Quality Engineer to drive efficiencies and positive change in a growing department. This is an essential role in the newly formed quality organization. You will get the chance to influence, lead, and motivate cross-functional teams to improve the quality culture within Wolfspeed. The job is located in our headquarters in Research Triangle Park, NC.
What can Wolfspeed do for you?
- This is your chance to join a fast paced and fast growth environment
- This person will have a significant and direct impact on the department’s quality going forward
- The Quality Engineer position will be a very high profile opportunity as this is the first role of its kind within Wolfspeed and will work with many teams
What can you do for Wolfspeed?
- Support the development, management and continual improvement of key quality management system elements potentially including but not limited to corrective & preventive actions, supplier quality assurance, APQP, and change management
- Coordinate root cause identification, corrective actions and preventive actions of product quality issues resulting from manufacturing processes or business processes using the 8D and 5 Why methodologies
- Participate and help lead in development and amendment of control plans and FMEAs (Failure Mode Effects Analysis)
- Ability to work effectively with customers and internal teams to help resolve customer and internal issues using effective problem solving tools
- Facilitate process and product change management which may include leading the Process Change Review Board (PCRB) and supporting timely PPAP delivery
- Strong communication skills are needed to work comfortably across organizational boundaries to drive efficiencies and influence proactive change
- Serve as IATF16949 Internal Auditor; Lead Auditor is preferred
What you need for success:
- Bachelor's/Master’s Degree in with a minimum of 5 years of related experience with emphasis on quality functions
- Must be a US citizen or green card holder
- Knowledge of SPC (Statistical Process Control) especially capability (Cpk) beneficial
- Communication and presentation skills for customer and project team interactions
Highly preferred skills and certifications:
- Semiconductor manufacturing experience extremely helpful
- Possesses understanding of the semiconductor qualification and reliability processes
- Experience in automotive supply chain
- Hands-on experience developing ISO/TS compliant systems
- Six sigma, Kepner-Tregoe training, or other beneficial skills training
- Familiarity with automotive change management including APQP and PPAP
Since our beginning 30 years ago, we have introduced innovative and disruptive solutions that enable a more efficient, productive and safer world. We continue our leadership in developing market-leading lighting-class LEDs, lighting products and semiconductor products for power and radio frequency (RF) applications. We believe in unlocking the power and potential of technology, enabling the world to do more with less. We aim to transform the way people experience light and are also leading the innovation of Power/RF products that move us toward a more energy efficient future.
Be part of our future and have a direct impact while working for an organization that provides a place to work alongside brilliant people, a competitive total rewards package, and a problem solving culture. We invite you to submit an application if you feel we would be a good fit.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of Cree's Employees
Director of Advanced Technology
John leads a team of diverse engineers creating the next generation of LED lighting products. His focus is intelligent lighting systems and innovative advancements for current technologies.
Back to top