Quality Assurance Engineer
Wolfspeed, the Power and RF arm of Cree, is looking for a self-motivated, hands-on Quality Engineer to drive efficiencies and positive change in a growing department. This is an essential role in the newly formed quality organization. You will get the chance to influence, lead, and motivate cross-functional teams to improve the quality culture within Wolfspeed. The job is located in our headquarters in Research Triangle Park, NC.
What can Wolfspeed do for you?
- This is your chance to join a fast paced and fast growth environment
- This person will have a significant and direct impact on the department’s quality going forward
- The Quality Engineer position will be a very high profile opportunity as this is the first role of its kind within Wolfspeed and will work with many teams
What can you do for Wolfspeed?
- Develop and implement methods and procedures for disposition of non-conforming materials, via MRB (Material Review Board)
- Understand and lead the RMA (Returned Material Authorization) process
- Coordinate root cause identification, corrective actions and preventive actions of product quality issues resulting from manufacturing processes or business processes using the 8D and 5 Why methodologies
- Participate and help lead in development and amendment of control plans and FMEAs (Failure Mode Effects Analysis)
- Ability to work effectively with customers and internal teams to help resolve customer and internal issues using effective problem solving tools
- Facilitate process and product change management which may include leading the Process Change Review Board (PCRB)
- Strong communication skills are needed to work comfortably across organizational boundaries to drive efficiencies and influence proactive change
- Serve as TS 16949/ISO 14001 Internal Auditor; Lead Auditor is preferred
- Collaborate with Operations in generating annual internal audit plans
- Coordinate and execute process audits to assess compliance to regulatory standards
- Must be a US citizen or green card holder
What you need for success:
- Bachelor's/Master’s Degree in with a minimum of 5 years of related experience with emphasis on quality functions
- Possesses understanding of the semi-conductor qualification and reliability processes
- Knowledge of SPC (Statistical Process Control) especially capability (Cpk) beneficial
- Communication and presentation skills for customer and project team interactions
- Six sigma, Kepner-Tregoe training, or other beneficial skills training
Highly preferred skills and certifications):
- Wafer processing experience extremely helpful
- Hands-on experience ISO/TS Audits a plus
- Familiarity with JEDEC and as well as ISO 9001, TS16949, and MIL-STD standards
- Familiarity with automotive change management including APQP and PPAP
At Cree, we’re always on. We believe that meaningful change happens through sheer force of will and the determination of a team solving a problem, and we’re unafraid to kick down the door to make it happen. That’s how we inspired the LED revolution and continue to create brilliantly affordable, radically simple, uncompromisingly efficient solutions that transform the way we experience light. From inventing America’s best-selling light bulb to commercializing the brightest lighting-class LEDs, our vision isn’t just to cultivate a thriving business – it’s to better the world. And we don’t take no for an answer. Be part of what’s next. Join our growing multi-billion dollar start-up, named a 2014 MIT Technology Review “50 Smartest Company,” to revolutionize energy efficiency and transform the way we experience light. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Back to top