Project Manager - Supply Chain / NPI (MX - Guadalajara)
Cree currently has a job vacancy for a Project Manager in our Lighting Manufacturing group in Guadalajara, Mexico.
Cree is looking for a self-motivated, hands-on Project Manager. This person will lead weekly and daily production output sufficient to meet customer demand and priorities in a dynamic and challenging environment. The job will also plan, schedule and monitor the production cycle at Cree’s Mexico-based Contract Manufacturer, while ensuring daily production schedules are met and non-conformances or variances are understood, highlighted, mitigated. Serve as liaison and leader on NPI activities between Ops PM and Contract Manufacturers, providing key support and problem resolution on readiness, execution and post build report. Provide additional support to Operations and Supply Chain key activities.
- Contribute to the development, analysis, and revision of build plans.
- Supervise and manage all activities related to a proper planning of production at the contract manufacturers.
- Achieve all departmental and divisional goals within areas of direct responsibility.
- Closely monitor and report any critical shortages, CTB, teaming up with CM and Cree resources to avoid shutting down production lines and escalate any road block for success.
- On a daily basis, monitor the contract manufacturers’ production reports. Follow up on production variances to plan, fully understand issues root cause, mitigate, establish corrective actions and escalate out-of-bounds departures (delays of 1 full day or more).
- Monitor On Time Delivery from the contract manufacturer per Cree build requests, close monitor in weekly basis detractor for full compliance and trigger any action needed in order to achieve expectations.
- Clear to build review, actions trigger and close follow up.
- New Product Introduction, SKU proliferation leader, being the boots in the ground coordinating between Ops PM in US with Contract Manufacturers in Mexico all processes from Planning, readiness, execution, post build and mass production hand shake.
- Quarterly pricing reviews, PPV, excess, expedite, MOQ and airfreight authorization based on waterfalls, urgencies, priorities and production schedule.
- Generate, analyze and trigger actions on multiple reports internal and externally to trigger improvement actions towards Operation, Delivery and Financial improvement of the program.
- Demand and PO management/reconciliation, as well as priority set and follow up.
- Capacity analysis and actions taken.
- University degree.
- 2+ years of planning and forecasting experience in a manufacturing environment.
- 2+ years in program management.
- 2+ years in supply chain, purchasing.
- Strong knowledge on NPI processes, activities, check list, etc.
- Experience with the dynamics that drive the supply chain in manufacturing contexts strongly preferred.
- Strong skills in Microsoft Excel are a must.
- Proven experience in MRP systems, preferably using Oracle (specific knowledge of the version “oracle e-business suite 12.2” would be a strong plus).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Self-starter with strong personal work ethic. Must have a “whatever it takes” attitude.
- Continues improvement mind sent and hands on / active personality.
- Fluent in English, both written and spoken.
- Good interpersonal and influencing skills.
- Degree in Engineering, Accounting, Finance, Administration.
At Cree, we’re always on. We believe that meaningful change happens through sheer force of will and the determination of a team solving a problem, and we’re unafraid to kick down the door to make it happen. That’s how we inspired the LED revolution and continue to create brilliantly affordable, radically simple, uncompromisingly efficient solutions that transform the way we experience light. From inventing America’s best-selling light bulb to commercializing the brightest lighting-class LEDs, our vision isn’t just to cultivate a thriving business – it’s to better the world. And we don’t take no for an answer.
Be part of what’s next. Join our growing multi-billion dollar start-up, named a 2014 MIT Technology Review “50 Smartest Company,” to revolutionize energy efficiency and transform the way we experience light.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of Cree's Employees
Manager, Sustaining Engineering
Katrina pushes lighting technology forward by managing the engineers who assemble the inner workings of the Cree LED Bulb. She also looks at data to brainstorm ways to make the brightest LED components possible.
Back to top