Project Manager Design
Project Manager Design
Summary: The Project Manager is responsible for leading a cross functional engineering team to develop and launch novel solid state lighting products on-time, per specification and within budget
- Responsible for the overall direction and management of NPI projects and ultimately end customer satisfaction with our products
- Identify needed resources and assign individual responsibilities. Prioritize projects and project efforts per business requirements
- Define Project scope, cost and schedule and ensure commitments are met. Revise plans as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements
- Coordinate project efforts with technical line managers to ensure best possible project execution and product performance
- Ensure product designs are validated in accordance to plans in order to launch a high yielding quality product with minimal risk of returns
- Effectively apply the NPI methodology and project standards
- BS in Mechanical Engineering, Material Science or Electrical Engineering with 10 years of experience in managing engineering resources in a product development environment
- The ability to operate in a fast pace, highly dynamic environment, at a detailed execution level, as well as on a tactical/strategic level
- Must possess and be able to demonstrate a strong “whatever it takes” attitude
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- US citizen or Green Card holder
- Willing and open to travel – both domestic and international
- Lighting Industry background. Knowledge of LED components, Outdoor and Indoor lighting products
- Understanding of regulatory and photometric requirements and standards as it applies to the Lighting Industry
- Experience in vendor negotiations and Sourcing
- PMP certification
At Cree, we’re always on. We believe that meaningful change happens through sheer force of will and the determination of a team solving a problem, and we’re unafraid to kick down the door to make it happen. That’s how we inspired the LED revolution and continue to create brilliantly affordable, radically simple, uncompromisingly efficient solutions that transform the way we experience light. From inventing America’s best-selling light bulb to commercializing the brightest lighting-class LEDs, our vision isn’t just to cultivate a thriving business – it’s to better the world. And we don’t take no for an answer.
Be part of what’s next. Join our growing multi-billion dollar start-up, named a 2014 MIT Technology Review “50 Smartest Company,” to revolutionize energy efficiency and transform the way we experience light.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Back to top