Program Manager - Power R&D
As a Program Manager for the Power Research and Development team, you will be the primary point of customer interface on projects for the development of new silicon carbide (SiC) power products targeted for strategic programs. You will interact with development teams for custom MOSFET designs and advanced packaging solutions that are matched to specific customers’ requirements and manage those customer relationships.
- Serve as primary interface between the development team and customers on programs identified to have the highest business impact
- Define project scope, cost and schedule and ensure commitments are met. Revise plans as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements.
- Serve as liaison between customer’s technical team and internal development team
- Coordinate sampling activity of pre-release MOSFETs and packaged devices
- Schedule and manage customer technical interchange meetings
- Drive customer agreement and alignment at the appropriate new product introduction (NPI) stage to ensure optimal schedule and customer satisfaction for the released product
- Align and resolve customer requirements through the NPI gate review process and related documentation, including PPAP for automotive customers, Design FMEA, datasheet development, and parametric validation
- Present project status, including budget and schedule, to upper management team
- Coordinate schedules across multiple projects to ensure that timely, accurate status information is provided to customers and internal management
- Develop, prepare, present, and lead technical and operational proposals and plans both internally and to customers
- At least 5 years of industry experience in process engineering, test, process integration or product engineering for power semiconductor components
- Strong understanding of semiconductor device fabrication and assembly technology
- At least 3 years of experience in project or program management
- Experience in a customer-facing role, either in Marketing or as a Program Manager
- Demonstrated ability to influence and drive cross-functional teams for product deliverables
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or closely related field
- Power Semiconductor device physics knowledge. Working knowledge of power semiconductor testing, qualification and reliability.
- Experience with semiconductor product development and commercialization
- Demonstrated ability in cost, schedule, and proposal management
- Professional project management certification a plus
At Cree, we’ve spent more than 30 years developing industry firsts as a leader in wide bandgap semiconductor technology. Not familiar with all of our products? That is because we are a part of the invisible revolution; if we do our job right you will never know we were there. Our products make impossible possible like our LEDs that power cities to our Silicon Carbide (SiC) and Gallium Nitride (GaN) components that power electric vehicles, solar energy, telecommunications and industrial, military and aerospace solutions.
We believe in enabling the world to do more with less. That’s why we encourage each other to think unconventionally, take ownership and solve real problems. Interested in a career at Cree? We want to meet you. Submit your application now.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Back to top