We currently have the need for a RF Program Manager located at our headquarter facility in Durham, NC. Cree, Inc. is fast growing and is one of the world's leading suppliers of gallium nitride (GaN) wafers and devices for RF communications, radar and electronic warfare. The RF Program Manager will be responsible for managing all aspects of RF and Microwave U.S. government R&D contracts and DoD prime contractor GaN MMIC Foundry subcontracts.
What can Wolfspeed do for you?
Our commitment to excellence doesn’t stop with our technology, it extends to the people we hire. If you’re someone who refuses to settle for ‘good enough’ and believes in achieving the impossible, then we want you. We offer a dynamic and diverse environment as well as an opportunity for your creativity and problem solving skills to thrive! Additionally, you get to work with some of the smartest and most innovative people in the industry.
What can you do for Wolfspeed?
- Manage all aspects of RF and Microwave GaN device development programs. This includes schedule generation and management, cost planning, cost control, and revenue forecasting
- Serve as a direct interface with government program monitors and contractor program managers
- Actively seek out and develop new business opportunities
- Manage proposal teams and oversee proposal generation
- Manage program reviews and prepare review material as required
- Work across company functional organizations to ensure program success, including contracts, finance and operations to name a few
- Work with program security personnel to ensure program security, physical security, and ITAR/Export requirements are maintained
- Work with security personnel to generate new program operational security plans and procedures as required
What you need for success:
- BS with 10 years experience, or an MS with 5 years experience in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, and/or Physics or equivalent in management of RF/microwave technology programs
- Must have experience with GaAs or GaN MMIC Technology (familiarity with design, fab, test processes)
- Must be a US Citizen (incumbent subject to US Government screening for Department of Defense Security Clearance)
Highly preferred skills and certifications:
- BS Degree in EE, ME or Physics with 5+ years or equivalent experience in the management of RF technology programs using MMIC-based amplifier technology
- Prefer previous GaAs or GaN MMIC Design experience
- GaAs or GAN T/R Module design experience
- Acitve DoD Security Clearance (Secret)
- Demonstrated ability in cost, schedule, and proposal management
- Knowledge of microwave circuit design and/or related semiconductor design experience
- Excellent communication and team management skills
- Previous management experience of DoD laboratory R&D programs (ONR, AFRL, ARL) desired
Since our beginning 30 years ago, we have introduced innovative and disruptive solutions that enable a more efficient, productive and safer world. We continue our leadership in developing market-leading lighting-class LEDs, lighting products and semiconductor products for power and radio frequency (RF) applications. We believe in unlocking the power and potential of technology, enabling the world to do more with less. We aim to transform the way people experience light and are also leading the innovation of Power/RF products that move us toward a more energy efficient future.
Be part of our future and have a direct impact while working for an organization that provides a place to work alongside brilliant people, a competitive total rewards package, and a problem solving culture. We invite you to submit an application if you feel we would be a good fit.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of Cree's Employees
Director of Advanced Technology
John leads a team of diverse engineers creating the next generation of LED lighting products. His focus is intelligent lighting systems and innovative advancements for current technologies.
Back to top